Hainan fried hokkien mee at Golden Mile HC...

Ate earlier on....really cannot liao...so oily and bland.
Used to be very nice in the past.

At $5 for a small plate with 2 tiny prawns truly not good value for money. 

I also had fish soup at a nearby coffee shop...really satisfying. Will visit  again.

I just came back after accompany daughter go get School Bursary Awards. Take photo with MP and get certificate. Monies will Paynow later. Then go nearby coffeeshop found a kway chup stall not bad but a bit expensive? One man portion is $4.50 and kway is $0.50 Then the pork organ soup is $4 and white rice is $0.50 Long time no eat but I think such pricing for kway chup and pig organ soup is competitive? I like to eat the pig large intestines and tau pok, fish cake got eat except the 3 layer meat no eat.

(15-01-2023, 06:16 PM)sgh Wrote:  I just came back after accompany daughter go get School Bursary Awards. Take photo with MP and get certificate. Monies will Paynow later. Then go nearby coffeeshop found a kway chup stall not bad but a bit expensive? One man portion is $4.50 and kway is $0.50 Then the pork organ soup is $4 and white rice is $0.50 Long time no eat but I think such pricing for kway chup and pig organ soup is competitive? I like to eat the pig large intestines and tau pok, fish cake got eat except the 3 layer meat no eat.

kway chup all along is around that price, maybe now due to GST hike, inflation surely increase

(15-01-2023, 06:16 PM)sgh Wrote:  I just came back after accompany daughter go get School Bursary Awards. Take photo with MP and get certificate. Monies will Paynow later. Then go nearby coffeeshop found a kway chup stall not bad but a bit expensive? One man portion is $4.50 and kway is $0.50 Then the pork organ soup is $4 and white rice is $0.50 Long time no eat but I think such pricing for kway chup and pig organ soup is competitive? I like to eat the pig large intestines and tau pok, fish cake got eat except the 3 layer meat no eat.

Your daughter so smart....so bursary worth how much?
As good  as free cash...Good for you!

For me these days I refrain from eating the intestines.

(15-01-2023, 06:21 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Your daughter so smart....so bursary worth how much?
As good  as free cash...Good for you!

For me these days I refrain from eating the intestines.

Monies go to them not go to me you think what? My monies I earned they get to spend. Monies they earned from bursary no give me spend ownself take and spend. That is how life is for parents in Spore. So why have children one may ask? Well for me is responsibility then over have someone to carry on family etc kind of BS

This one not bad, but the wait is annoying...
At old airport.

[Image: IMG-20230115-WA0004.jpg]

(15-01-2023, 06:10 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Ate earlier on....really cannot liao...so oily and bland.

I also had fish soup at a nearby coffee shop...really satisfying. Will visit  again.

Yes, very greedy old couple. Not much ingredients, sell so expensive.

Better eat hokkien mee at north bridge road FC or any changi village hokkien mee stall.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(15-01-2023, 06:44 PM)Sticw Wrote:  This one not bad, but the wait is annoying...
At old airport.

Looks 10 times better with decent prawns and eggs. 

I will never visit the freaking Hainan  stall again.

For Kway Chup, the pig skin also taste nice, also the small intestine also taste good.  I can eat two bows of kway chup at one go.......... Clapping Laughing Laughter-68

(15-01-2023, 06:10 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Ate earlier on....really cannot liao...so oily and bland.

So sad. It is my favourite HKM.

(15-01-2023, 06:44 PM)Sticw Wrote:  This one not bad, but the wait is annoying...
At old airport.

Looks good to eat.......very palatable......... Clapping

(15-01-2023, 06:49 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Looks 10 times better with decent prawns and eggs. 

I will never visit the freaking Hainan  stall again.

Is it long q?

At old airport.

Tpy tian tian lai is better

At old airport.

Went there 3 times and it was closed! End up ordered the ckt....not nice yet expensive.

(15-01-2023, 08:20 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Went there 3 times and it was closed! End up ordered the ckt....not nice yet expensive.

Should try the ckt at ShinFu hawker centre or a food centre  opposite  China town............ Clapping

(15-01-2023, 08:24 PM)debono Wrote:  Should try the ckt at ShinFu hawker centre or a food centre  opposite  China town............ Clapping

I live Bishan 15yrs....ate shun fu HC countless times. There got the 2 sisters muffin....best in SG. Are they still there? Taman Jurong also got the same type of muffins but...only open for business twice a week.

(15-01-2023, 08:15 PM)dynamite Wrote:  So sad. It is my favourite HKM.

It's better you go upstairs another stall...wet version so much better.

(15-01-2023, 08:24 PM)debono Wrote:  Should try the ckt at ShinFu hawker centre or a food centre  opposite  China town............ Clapping

So so only lah...