Polis:No truth that 'hundreds' of robbers waiting in JB for Sg tourists

Few years back, I was at JB City Square Mall and looking for a toilet. I sensed 2 Malays were trailing me behind and i reversed not going-in toilet. Must be alert and look around you when in JB.
Clapping Clapping Clapping

(26-11-2021, 07:20 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think there must be some truth in that warning about robbers waiting for Singaporeans in JB. Of course the polis must refute the warning for economic and tourism reasons. Those robbers there have gone hungry for almost 2.5 years and using your knees to think also know those hungry thieves there are likely to strike in large numbers when the border is open. So better wait for a month or two after border open to let the thieves fill up their stomach on other suckers first before you go there........ Big Grin

I think one or two months not enough. Bette wait at least half a year.

Truth no hundreds but may have tens group of it waiting?😄
[+] 1 user Likes Ernesto's post

(26-11-2021, 08:09 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  Truth no hundreds but may have tens group of it waiting?😄

It is better to be  safe than  sorry, some robbers may injure you with a knife....and that can be life threatening...... crying
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

(26-11-2021, 08:34 PM)debono Wrote:  It is better to be  safe than  sorry, some robbers may injure you with a knife....and that can be life threatening...... crying

U r right, Brom

(26-11-2021, 07:14 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Few years back, I was at JB City Square Mall and looking for a toilet. I sensed 2 Malays were trailing me behind and i reversed not going-in toilet. Must be alert and look around you when in JB.

Again thanks for your kind advice. 

Frankly I managed Asia Pacific business with my current company and I never like to visit Malaysia. And I would try to avoid visiting them where possible. Also no matter how my friends in the past try to convince me to visit JB for shopping or whatever, I would always turn them down. Giving excuses that I have prior engagement. 

The last time I visited JB was very long time ago, and I can’t remember when.

(26-11-2021, 09:43 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  Again thanks for your kind advice. 

Frankly I managed Asia Pacific business with my current company and I never like to visit Malaysia. And I would try to avoid visiting them where possible. Also no matter how my friends in the past try to convince me to visit JB for shopping or whatever, I would always turn them down. Giving excuses that I have prior engagement. 

The last time I visited JB was very long time ago, and I can’t remember when.

You are a very careful person giving JB a miss.... Clapping

(26-11-2021, 09:47 PM)debono Wrote:  You are a very careful person giving JB a miss.... Clapping

Well not sure I am being careful or not. Just never feel good visiting JB, Penang or even KL for that matter. 

I don’t get the same kind of feeling I get in Malaysia, when I visits Jakarta, Yangon or some remote place in Vietnam or Philippines in my course of work. Can’t place what is it, just feel uncomfortable that’s all.

(26-11-2021, 10:10 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  Well not sure I am being careful or not. Just never feel good visiting JB, Penang or even KL for that matter. 

I don’t get the same kind of feeling I get in Malaysia, when I visits Jakarta, Yangon or some remote place in Vietnam or Philippines in my course of work. Can’t place what is it, just feel uncomfortable that’s all.

Since in the course of work, you need to go to Indonesia, Myanmar, Vietnam and Philippines, you can make a comparison, and know which country is safe for visitors.... Clapping

So many jobless in JB now. what do you expect ?
[+] 1 user Likes freeman88's post

(26-11-2021, 10:52 PM)freeman88 Wrote:  So many jobless in JB now. what do you expect ?

You're right robbing from one Singaporean is equivalent to robbing 3 malusians based on the exchange rate, so surely they will prefer to rob us and share the loot with the polis.

I agree.  The report is false.  It is not hundreds  waiting.  It is thousands waiting crying

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like p1acebo's post

The polis are also waiting for their extra income
[+] 4 users Like maddog's post

The polis and the robbers work together.
[+] 1 user Likes Stoki's post

If shop keepers not allowed to carry arms more will be robbed ,fine tuned.

https://youtu.be/cv0Ub36uDyU

Now VTL with Malaysia. Might as well come in to rob then escape like Mas Salamat.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

(26-11-2021, 10:25 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  Only got 2 lah!  Rotfl

°

That woman might not/would not have lost her bag if those guys standing there had gone to her help.  For whatever reason(s) only they know, they decided to merely stand there and watch.

Good that you came over to Singapore....how long have you been here?

hundreds of robbers is a big lie.
shld be thousands
[+] 3 users Like menghuii's post

(26-11-2021, 07:42 PM)debono Wrote:  A good advice, I suspect what some forum members said is true. I better not go for the time being...it is better to be safe than sorry..... Clapping
It is definitely true.  Those thugs and robbers are hunger for singapore dollars.  The police there too. I felt BKK is even safer than Johore. At least they hv tourist police to protect tourists. I been to BKK many times and taking taxi late in the nite back to hotel without any issues.
[+] 2 users Like Gemstar's post

They are rehearsing for the real thing..rusty liao their skill so must dry run.
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

(26-11-2021, 07:46 PM)Great Wrote:  Few years back, I was at JB City Square Mall and looking for a toilet. I sensed 2 Malays were trailing me behind and i reversed not going-in toilet. Must be alert and look around you when in JB.
Clapping Clapping Clapping

Maybe they are not robbers but just gays? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(26-11-2021, 01:06 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  This is definitely real.  Johore is the most notorious place full of thugs.  Even the police is corrupted and closed 1 eye seeing Singaporeans been robbed. They robbed is alright, but, they killed and injured victims.

The police there are the biggest crooks

No smoke without fire..

As their pay or income is so low, all eyeing for $$$.

(28-11-2021, 07:53 AM)Yin yang Wrote:  No smoke without fire..

As their pay or income is so low, all eyeing for $$$.

helper in sg earn more than a fresh graduate in Malaysia

(27-11-2021, 08:56 AM)Stoki Wrote:  The polis and the robbers work together.

I remember long ago, that the police in Malaysia, standing at one corner of the immigration check point asking Singaporeans whether they want to change a Singapore $50 dollars to one Malaysian ringgit, at that date, one Singdollar is equal to one and the half times that of a Malaysian ringgit.. AngryIf the Singaporean does change the currency, then he/she will be easily enter the country, else they will make life miserable.....

(26-11-2021, 10:52 PM)freeman88 Wrote:  So many jobless in JB now. what do you expect ?

With VTL, they just use this as an excuse to come in thousands to rob.

X'mas and Chinese New Year is always their best time to make a money haul.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(27-11-2021, 08:24 AM)maddog Wrote:  The polis are also waiting for their extra income

(27-11-2021, 08:56 AM)Stoki Wrote:  The polis and the robbers work together.

I remember many many years ago, when my friends went to P. Tioman for a fishing trip.  Our car is parked in a side of a small road.  A local policeman came and told us it was illegal to park there.  The policeman said that if they want to go to a police station to waive the fine, then it will take a long time to settle, cos it was a Friday and the police station is not well staffed.  One of my friend knows the culture well, and had placed a five dollar note inside a cigarette box and throw in on the road.  The policeman said that if is not enough and that we need to put more money into the cigarette box.  My friend then put ten dollars into the cigarette box and they the policeman was satisfied and allowed us to go free. This was the culture of the men in blue, don't know now whether they practice this anymore or not... Angry

(28-11-2021, 10:01 AM)Ola Wrote:  With VTL, they just use this as an excuse to come in thousands to rob.

X'mas and Chinese New Year is always their best time to make a money haul.
Why the JB police wud want to be so stupid to admit that robbers are waiting for S'poreans to go there? Even top politicians who killed                     someone and corrupted so much also never admit it.

Confirm. People there now has no money.

If you go JB immediately upon opening border, you will not be dealing with common robbers but desperados. Imagine how many thieves, businesses and workers have gone hungry over there after Singaporeans stopped going there for 2.5 years. How many hungry families are living on tapioca and thin porridge with just a few drops of rice in the porridge. Many babies are crying without milk powder. 

People there are desperate and you dun know what desperate robbers can do. ........... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post