Clear evidence that Govt’s economic policies help to raise living standards

Just to make a joke out of what LW said today..

"the Government’s economic policies have helped to raise standards of living across the board and to create “many more good jobs for Singaporeans”.

But, govt definition of Singaporean is Citizen + PR woh.. So next time he better be clear the jobs goes to Singapore citizen or PR...

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/cl...-good-jobs

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Jobs not given to Average/ Fake Talents will definitely be taken up by citizens. Hardly can most of us do the jobs of REAL FTs like Ramesh or VP of Google earning $50k or $100k per mth!

Without so many/ excess FTs, our living standards will also go up. South Korea and China has high standard of living without so many FTs ( including those who took up PRs). Their overhaul of bus routes, AI for tracking covid cases, using mobile to tap train fares . . . .have all surpassed the useless FTs here. Because our own local grads can also raise the SoL, lah.

Why import so many/ excess FTs that are not pillars of the organization and not Real FTs to raise Cost of Living while standard of living is lowER??

Their argument is always loose and not strong to be used in Prim 1 Parliament.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Their living standard means cost of living lah

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

To many Singaporeans the living standards seems to be getting unattainable because the costs of living is shooting skywards and salary is spiralling downwards.

tomorrow will be a better day

I feel opposite.

Good old days 80s, 90s so call not say a lot locals is well to do , yet we still can enjoy quality life.
Unlike now.

got lah
everything 'improved' but became expensive

Living in ivory tower for too long?
Full of debts for sinkies...

Pls show us Sinkies Net debts...

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(15-09-2021, 12:46 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  got lah
everything 'improved' but became expensive

How long they never say  affordable HDB? Thinking

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Yes,.living standards improved until it becomes more and more difficult to maintain or afford that standard by many lower and middle incomes....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(15-09-2021, 12:58 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Yes,.living standards improved until it becomes more and more difficult to maintain or afford that standard by many lower and middle incomes....... Rolleyes

Their definition and our definition of living standard is different.
Living standard "improved" but both couple  got to work until die?

(15-09-2021, 01:06 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Their definition and our definition of living standard is different.
Living standard "improved" but both couple  got to work until die?

If they raise living standards why has life become tougher and tougher

Below is a first hand account of how foreign imported labor depresses the pay of Singaporeans and eventuality displaces Singapore :....these are facts....after Singaporean's pay is depressed the large influx causes rise in housing and car prices worsening the lives of people.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.