Poor mental health plagues S'pore society.

Here is a summary
[Image: mLODKrB.jpg]

This is not very good when 13% think of suicide and 29% suffer from mental anxiety.

Just this morning someone posted on this forum of a suicide attempt at his block.

Sex crimes by people who cannot control themselves are occuring at higher and higher frequency.

As we put more and more pressure to push the population to higher economic achievement and add to competitive pressures by importing foreigners ...let us not forget there is something called "society mental breaking point"

[Image: fzMddlM.jpg]

The privileged elite class of leaders push ordinary citizens for economic gains, there seems no end to the mount pressure. Pressure that has led to one of the highest suicide rates for youths and middle age men. The highest income gap in the developed world means that the economy disproportionately benefit a minority while ordinary citizens struggle to catch up with rising costs.

At the minimum the govt should provision for health care services to be fully paid for the rising cases of mental illness resulting from the stressful environment created.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Singapore now has highest rate of depression in Asia.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

It takes years for Depression to show up. Both schools and our workplace lack hundreds of these psychiatrist.

Action should be taken before it it too late. And for some, 10 or 20 sessions is not enough to nurse them back to health.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

The Singapore leadership puts economy
above everything else. This worship of money means it will skew policies towards squeezing the populace for economic gains and further squeeze more growth by foreign importation.

The mental well being of ordinary citizens is not improving.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Lack of social support situation keeps deteriorating with any policy is nitiatives from the govt. Suicide among seniors is much worse in Singapore than elsewhere.

[Image: VyspgPF.jpg]

Economic numbers artificially boosted by foreign importation of labor hides the deterioration below the surface. It creates a facade ...that hides reality but they are eager to preserve the facade and hide truth.

[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

https://youtu.be/F7H1LAj3KUw?t=135

Singapore love to copy everything from UK, HK, Thailand . . .

How come did not copy their values, the way they treat locals with respect and provide mental health coverage cost in Medisave?

Want to wait another 20 years when things get out of hand again?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(21-08-2021, 09:03 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The Singapore leadership puts economy
above everything else. This worship of money means it will skew policies towards squeezing the populace for economic gains and further squeeze more growth by foreign importation.

The mental well being of ordinary citizens is not improving.
Corvid affect many citizens life leading to depression and anxiety. Businesses closed, retrenchments and family well beings are badly affected.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

Ours is city life living.
Noisy, fast, crowded, competitions.....
Got to get use to it.
Last time went M'sia for 2 weeks for getaway holidays.
So bored after a while.