Powerball ticket sold in California snags record US$2.04B win

By STEFANIE DAZIO and SCOTT McFETRIDGE
2 hours ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Someone who bought a Powerball ticket in Southern California has won a record $2.04 billion Powerball jackpot after more than three months without anyone hitting the top prize.

The jackpot ticket was sold at Joe’s Service Center in Altadena, an unincorporated community in the foothills northeast of Los Angeles. For selling the winning ticket, business owner Joe Chahayed will receive a maximum Powerball bonus of US$1 million.

Under California rules, the name of the winner must be disclosed but no other information, including the winner’s address, has to be be made public.

The $2.04 billion jackpot was by far the largest lottery prize ever won, topping the previous record US$1.586 billion prize won by three Powerball ticketholders in 2016.

The US$2.04 billion prize is for a winner who chooses an annuity, paid annually over 29 years. Nearly all winners instead opt for cash, which was valued at US$997.6 million.

https://apnews.com/article/lotteries-iow...72129fa6a6

Better run road after collect money otherwise many "relatives" friends will pop out to ask for $$%.

Better still donate all to charity and leave yourself with 1 or 2M enough to take life easy but not too easy

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.