Powerful allegory of the temptation of Christ can guide us to righteous life...

There are so many importantl lessons in this story about not being tempted by sin no matter how difficult the circumstances are.

The devil tempted Christ with money, power and status when he was in the dessert had not eaten or slept ...tempted him with every comfort and pleasure.

It tells us that in our lives we will always face temptations and how we deal with it determines our the life we will have.

This story from 2000 yrs ago is more relevant that ever in our materialistic society where money is worshipped. We are lured to a life without purpose, without morals. We take pride in things eventually gave no meaning.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

What Angmohs have done in the last few centuries show more evilness than righteousness!

Buddha is 500 years earlier than Jesus

The temptation episode of Buddha and that of Jesus is extremely simílàr

I have already told you how to achieve true happiness.
Learn to let go… it is to let go your desire. Rotfl

Do you ever ask yourself?
What is your sole purpose for coming to this world?
Make sure you have achieved your purpose before you leave this world.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(20-01-2022, 02:49 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Buddha is 500 years earlier than Jesus

The temptation episode of Buddha and that of Jesus is extremely simílàr

Yes Buddha is similar in philosophy about "desires" . But the temptation of Christ in dessert is powerful in illustrating the will power  needed to stay on the path.

The devil start by questioning him to try to cause him to doubt himself and then tells him that Man will not heed his words...and every step of the series of  temptation and resistance to temptations has profound meaning ....

In a sense it shows the power of temptation  ...a woman you meet tempts you, you tell her you are married  she will say your wife won't know, why worry? ...temptation is like the snake shown crawling off the body of Christ ..most wiggles its way onto you ...it is not simple. .and full of trickery.

Hence very few can resist temptation.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(20-01-2022, 05:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Yes Buddha is similar in philosophy about "desires" . But the temptation of Christ in dessert is powerful in illustrating the will power  needed to stay on the path.

The devil start by questioning him to try to cause him to doubt himself and then tells him that Man will not heed his words...and every step of the series of  temptation and resistance to temptations has profound meaning ....

In a sense it shows the power of temptation  ...a woman you meet tempts you, you tell her you are married  she will say your wife won't know, why worry? ...temptation is like the snake shown crawling off the body of Christ ..most wiggles its way onto you ...it is not simple. .and full of trickery.

Go and read up about Buddha's temptation first instead of assuming with your own presumptions

It is similar to Jesus temptation and is 500 years earlier

Jesus went to India when Buddhism already spread far and wide 

Check your timeline

No wonder you still poor and holding your bags after so many years

(20-01-2022, 05:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Yes Buddha is similar in philosophy about "desires" . But the temptation of Christ in dessert is powerful in illustrating the will power  needed to stay on the path.

You obviously don't know much about Buddhism. Go read up on Buddha's episode just before he achieved enlightenment.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(20-01-2022, 07:45 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You obviously don't know much about Buddhism. Go read up on Buddha's episode just before he achieved enlightenment.

I simply stated what I know  if there is something about Buddhism and temptation plse share so we can all learn. 

Buddhism and the Buddha too offers many things we can learn from.

(20-01-2022, 07:45 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You obviously don't know much about Buddhism. Go read up on Buddha's episode just before he achieved enlightenment.

i have looked up Buddha's temptation.story. This is the powerful Buddha vs mara temptation story...

we should be focussed on what is important no matter what temptations are thrown at us.

the buddha story also has this aspect of transforming weapons to flowers. To me it symbolises the 
conversions of temptation and evil to good.

example I gave of woman luring married man to sin...not just the man say NO but turn the sinful woman to good.
our own ego is the challenge we contend with and often our greatest weakness.

concept of mara explained..

(20-01-2022, 07:29 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Go and read up about Buddha's temptation first instead of assuming with your own presumptions

It is similar to Jesus temptation and is 500 years earlier

Jesus went to India when Buddhism already spread far and wide 

Check your timeline

No wonder you still poor and holding your bags after so many years

You are right.

Jesus probably learned from Buddhism when he disappeared for several years.The stories in the bible are very similar to other stories not just in Buddhism but also
other ancient religions. Some say it is a copy.

But they made Jesus into God when Jesus was probably a prophet or teacher like Buddha and Mohamed.

The power of Roman n western conspiracy.

The bible was written 100s of years after the death of Jesus. That alone is suspicious.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(21-01-2022, 07:59 AM)RichDad Wrote:  You are right.

Jesus probably learned from Buddhism when he disappeared for several years.The stories in the bible are very similar to other stories not just in Buddhism but also
other ancient religions. Some say it is a copy.

But they made Jesus into God when Jesus was probably a prophet or teacher like Buddha and Mohamed.

The power of Roman n western conspiracy.

The bible was written 100s of years after the death of Jesus. That alone is suspicious.

i dont this matters. these ideas to do good over evil may be widely shared wisdom in ancient times so we wont know who realy originated t. what is important is we can use it.
whether google android copy from apple...in the end it is useful and that is important.