Pretty Viet Girl Compares Hanoi MRT vs HCMC MRT (87% done after 9 years)

China built Hanoi MRT within 7 years and it is now up and running while Japan is supposed to complete MRT in HCMC in 2020, up till today 9 years have passed only completed 37%, not sure how soon it can be completed.

China started in 2014 and Japan started in 2012...every time when I visited HCMC in 2017 and 2018, I saw the construction was ongoing in the city centre...now only completed 37%, very inefficient.

Please do an analysis on the video clip and tell us why China build faster than Japan.

If not will be quite pointless since there can be 1001 good reasons why Japan take longer, eg HCMC MRT is 3 or more times longer than Hanoi MRT, and don't expect people to spend time on the video.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(05-11-2021, 04:22 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  China started in 2014 and Japan started in 2012...every time when I visited HCMC in 2017 and 2018, I saw the construction was ongoing in the city centre...now only completed 37%, very inefficient.

The Chinese had built thousands of kilometers of rail tracks, and with this experience and know how they are able to built railway tracks in super fast time.... Big Grin

(05-11-2021, 04:44 PM)debono Wrote:  The Chinese had built thousands of kilometers of rail tracks, and with this experience and know how they are able to built railway tracks in super fast time.... Big Grin

Japan is China’s teacher, it is more advanced & experienced and supposed to be more efficient than China leh.

(05-11-2021, 04:43 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Please do an analysis on the video clip and tell us why China build faster than Japan.

If not will be quite pointless since there can be 1001 good reasons why Japan take longer, eg HCMC MRT is 3 or more times longer than Hanoi MRT, and don't expect people to spend time on the video.

The girl is from countryside, obviously she has limited knowhow to state all the facts one by one,  she just complains why it takes do long for Japan to complete 19 km long first MRT line in HCMC, even Vietnam’s PM gets worried and visited the site a few times.

It is not because China is fast, I think China completed  the MRT line on time but Japan failed to complete as planned and it drags on year after year.

The girl said HCMC is 87% complete, not 37%.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

The reason HCMC awarded the project to Japan is because the interest rate for the loan is lower.

(05-11-2021, 05:05 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  The girl is from countryside, obviously she has limited knowhow to state all the facts one by one,  she just complains why it takes do long for Japan to complete 19 km long first MRT line in HCMC, even Vietnam’s PM gets worried and visited the site a few times.

It is not because China is fast, I think China completed  the MRT line on time but Japan failed to complete as planned and it drags on year after year.

I am also not trying to side China or Japan, but the scenario remind me of things in office.

Say you handle project A and another colleague handle project B.. Project B finished on time because it is smaller and less complex, while project A has a lot of hurdles, especially human hurdles.. People not familiar with the details will end up just saying PM of Project A is lousy and cannot manage project.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

(05-11-2021, 08:43 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  I am also not trying to side China or Japan, but the scenario remind me of things in office.

Say you handle project A and another colleague handle project B.. Project B finished on time because it is smaller and less complex, while project A has a lot of hurdles, especially human hurdles.. People not familiar with the details will end up just saying PM of Project A is lousy and cannot manage project.

I can buy your explanation... Clapping

(05-11-2021, 08:43 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  I am also not trying to side China or Japan, but the scenario remind me of things in office.

Another example of big complex infra projects. Germany started building the largest airport in Germany Berlin new airport more than two decades ago but failed to complete it until 2020.  China started building one of the largest airport in the world, USD 17.75 billion dollar Daxing International Airport in Beijing with size of 42 sqkm and capacity of 72 million passengers in 2014 and completed right on time and started operation in Sep 2019. 

Berlin's long-awaited Brandenburg Airport has finally opened, nine years behind schedule and 29 years in the making. ... Lufthansa and EasyJet, the latter to be one of the largest carriers at the new airport, marked the official opening with the first flights, following by the first full day of operations on November 1 2020.

Berlin new airport costs USD 7 billion and has passenger capacity of 27-40 million per year. Comparing to Beijing’s Daxing International Airport, it is less than half of Daxing both in total cost and capacity. Why did it take 29 years and 9 years behind schedule for German engineers to complete the project while China’s gigantic Daxing airport that is much much more complex was completed within 5 years on time within budget and scope?  Laughing

(05-11-2021, 05:08 PM)starbugs Wrote:  The girl said HCMC is 87% complete, not 37%.

Can confirm is it 37% complete or 87% complete, is there a typo error....? Thinking

(05-11-2021, 09:43 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Another example of big complex infra projects. Germany started building the largest airport in Germany Berlin new airport more than two decades ago but failed to complete it until 2020.  China started building one of the largest airport in the world, USD 17.75 billion dollar Daxing International Airport in Beijing with size of 42 sqkm and capacity of 72 million passengers in 2014 and completed right on time and started operation in Sep 2019. 

Berlin's long-awaited Brandenburg Airport has finally opened, nine years behind schedule and 29 years in the making. ... Lufthansa and EasyJet, the latter to be one of the largest carriers at the new airport, marked the official opening with the first flights, following by the first full day of operations on November 1 2020.

Berlin new airport costs USD 7 billion and has passenger capacity of 27-40 million per year. Comparing to Beijing’s Daxing International Airport, it is less than half of Daxing both in total cost and capacity. Why did it take 29 years and 9 years behind schedule for German engineers to complete the project while China’s gigantic Daxing airport that is much much more complex was completed within 5 years on time within budget and scope?  Laughing

If someone did a comparison study on the issues faced by Berlin new airport vs what is faced by Daxing International Airport and can shared with us the finding, will be great.. After all, we can be learning every day, even in this forum.

(05-11-2021, 09:49 PM)debono Wrote:  Can confirm is it 37% complete or 87% complete, is there a typo error....? Thinking

typo error, thx for correction.

HCMC MRT is only 19 km long with 14 stations and Hanoi MRT is 13 km long with 12 stations, however HCMC MRT was supposed to be completed in 2017, later extend to 2020, now it says it will be completed by end 2021 yet only 87% to date, further delay is expected.

pretty viet bu

(05-11-2021, 10:17 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  typo error, thx for correction.

HCMC MRT is only 19 km long with 14 stations and Hanoi MRT is 13 km long with 12 stations, however HCMC MRT was supposed to be completed in 2017, later extend to 2020, now it says it will be completed by end 2021 yet only 87% to date, further delay is expected.

Ariel will say Hanoi route got more rocks or maybe need to go thru a mountain.  Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

(05-11-2021, 10:22 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Ariel will say Hanoi route got more rocks or maybe need to go thru a mountain.  Laughing

sorry, he didn’t know southern Vietnam especially HCMC is very flat, no mountains, all the mountains are at northern Vietnam near Hanoi. Big Grin

Argue so much for what?

Who went to the moon? China or Japan?

There, your answer!

Not just efficiency. The Japanese's construction price is 3 times higher than the Chinese. They were selected for the Ho Chi Minh project because their loan interest is ultra-low.

About the difficulties of project etc. These would have been taken into account at the beginning and thus the schedule will be projected based on expected difficulties and complexities. They delayed from 2017 (the original completion date. Could be because HCMC is mainly flat so it is expected complete in 5 years even though it is 19+km compared to 13+km in Hanoi) to 2021 and then now to don't know when. That to me is rather strange. Unless the difficulty is administrative or financial?

(06-11-2021, 07:33 AM)Levin Wrote:  Not just efficiency. The Japanese's construction price is 3 times higher than the Chinese. They were selected for the Ho Chi Minh project because their loan interest is ultra-low.

About the difficulties of project etc. These would have been taken into account at the beginning and thus the schedule will be projected based on expected difficulties and complexities. If they delay from 2017 (the original completion date. Could be because HCMC is mainly flat so it is expected complete in 5 years even though it is 19+km compared to 13+km in Hanoi) to 2021 and then now to don't know when.  That to me is rather strange. Unless the difficulty is administrative or financial?

It cannot be financial cos both Japanese and Chinese contractors are swamp with $$$$$$$ Thinking

越南为何让日本建胡志明地铁?中国建的河内地铁为何3年才验收?

越南在河内轻轨项目验收的恶性拖延事件导致中国公司蒙受巨大损失,对越南基建国际信誉也造成了很大影响。