Private banker send me this offer.....Good?

[Image: uT6BjO5.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Looks good to me as a layman, but how come the yield is indicative? Thought bond yields are determined already if held till maturity.

Take out CPF to buy if possible? Better than CPF 2.5% or 4%

(04-07-2022, 04:45 PM)lylcnn Wrote:  Looks good to me as a layman, but how come the yield is indicative? Thought bond yields are determined already if held till maturity.

Take out CPF to buy if possible? Better than CPF 2.5% or 4%

I think based on demand if demand is good yield will drop slightly. But as I understand it js roughly 5.5% won't be too far off.

BNP Paribus is like biggest bank in France so cannot possibly default .....right?

It's not an ordinary corporation ...that can go into bankruptcy.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(04-07-2022, 04:55 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think based on demand if demand is good yield will drop slightly. But as I understand it js roughly 5.5% won't be too far off.

BNP Paribus is like biggest bank in France so cannot possibly collapse .....right?

As layman, was also thinking BNP won't collapse......

Not many have private bankers...

How come Ah Butt kena stalked by private bankers?...... Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Show off.

(04-07-2022, 05:17 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  How come Ah Butt kena stalked by private bankers?...... Thinking

Maybe it's RM not private banker. One day I was queuing to deposit some money after that they call be to go to side to fill up survey to get free gift after that meet with person to talk to me. I had no money so did not buy any products but I gave her my email and say I am interested in any promo.

After that once in a while she will send me various offers.

(04-07-2022, 05:15 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  stupid fcuk!

Something wrong with offer? 5.5% better than CPF ....

means ah butt got 250k

(04-07-2022, 05:28 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Maybe it's RM not private banker. One day I was queuing to deposit some money after that they call be to go to side to fill up survey to get free gift after that meet with person to talk to me. I had no money so did not buy any products but I gave her my email and say I am interested in any promo.

After that once in a while she will send me various offers.

Oh like that ah. Normally these private bankers stalked those rich people only.... Big Grin

Carl Jung

Wow.  Buying bank bonds look at the bank.  Think bank good,  buy. Not care about the many risks such as interest and bond price risks,  inflation risks etc. even government bonds have different risk. Some more come here for advise. Good luck

ah butt went all the way to collyer quay to deposite some money? must be very big sum and very gd rate

I've never seen ah butt come here to look for financial advice. 醉翁之意不在酒

Ah butt jin rich sia. 15yrs ago, one need minimum 250k usd then can open 1 acct with BNP, now i think minimum also need 1mil?

I was sad when i don't have a pair of new shoes, until i saw someone with no feet...

Lehman Brothers Minibond saga

https://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/infopedia/...03-19.html

The Lehman Brothers Minibond saga refers to the chain of events resulting from the Lehman Brothers’ bankruptcy filing in September 2008.1 Following the collapse of the Lehman Brothers, about 10,000 retail investors in Singapore lost all or a large part of their investments totalling over S$500 million in structured investment products linked to the American investment bank.2 The financial institutions that distributed the products were accused of having mis-sold these relatively high-risk products to investors, many of whom were the elderly and less educated. This prompted government investigations, which eventually led to penalties being imposed on 10 financial institutions, and tighter supervision of the industry.

ah butt no housing loan car loan must hv saved over duno how many millions over the yrs no wonder bankers stalking him

(04-07-2022, 06:00 PM)roguetrader Wrote:  Ah butt jin rich sia. 15yrs ago, one need minimum 250k usd then can open 1 acct with BNP, now i think minimum also need 1mil?
No lah. It is offered to me by RM of a local bank.

I am not offered BNP bonds by BNP..

I don't have $$ to buy but was about to forward it to my auntie but told myself better check first.

It looks like there is no catch . BNP is a solid Bank regulated by European authorities. 

5.5%: looks good.

Better find out more details.
Meet up with the RM /PB and get details.

better check the penalty for early withdrawal

(04-07-2022, 06:16 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  No lah. It is offered to me by RM of a local bank.

I am not offered BNP bonds by BNP..

I don't have $$ to buy but was about to forward it to my auntie but told myself better check first.

It looks like there is no catch . BNP is a solid Bank regulated by European authorities. 

5.5%: looks good.

5.5% is too good. The risk must be quite high....... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

Most important thing never tell us - the RM chio or not? Usually they get chiobus to be RM.

RM knows Sgbuffet's net worth is more than $250K ?

Retiree lives in $26/month rental flat got $1 millions saving.

Everyday, Sgbuffet eats $5 dollars/durian got how many $millions saving ?

Bankrupt how? Returns subject to market condition. This is risky .10years let others play with yr money.Put into your mother's CPF account la!