811,000+ South Koreans signed online petition to impeach President Yoon

UPDATED JUL 01, 2024, 09:33 PM

SEOUL – An online petition calling for South Korean President Yoon Suk-yeol to be impeached experienced delays and disruptions due to the large number of people trying to sign it

More than 811,000 people have so far signed the petition, hosted on the National Assembly’s website, since it went live on June 20.

The petition accuses Mr Yoon of corruption, stoking the risk of war with North Korea and exposing South Koreans to health risks by not stopping Japan from releasing treated radioactive water from the wrecked Fukushima nuclear power plant.

Mr Yoon has been unpopular since taking office in 2022, with his latest approval ratings hovering around the 25 per cent mark since April.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/delays...al%20right.

Should also throw him behind bars for carrying American balls.      Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Sinkies no ball to do such thing even they find wrong doing by govt officers.

Can some one enlighten me om why he so unpopular?

He also received Adele concert tickets?

So far the Koreans have almost never been happy with any president they themselves voted into power. Not too long ago they threw the woman president into jail.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

South Korea’s Parliament has twice impeached presidents: Mr Roh Moo-hyun in 2004 and Ms Park Geun-hye in 2017. Mr Roh was reinstated by the Constitutional Court while Ms Park was removed.

Bye bye for singing American pie.