PM Lee warns US against isolating China over Ukraine

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/singap...32925.html

Russia not enough is it?

Too little is it?

China got nothing to do with Russia invasion except Omicron at home.

He is Washington Whisperer
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

Vladimir Putin’s war in Ukraine has tested ties between the US and China already strained by a host of security and economic issues from Taiwan, to the South China Sea, telecommunications technology and trade. Asian nations like Singapore have long sought closer ties between the two in order to cooperate on other global issues like climate change and a response to the pandemic.

Still, China’s muted response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has hardened views within President Joe Biden’s administration that President Xi Jinping may be moving closer to supporting Moscow as the conflict continues. Lee previously said Russia’s invasion of Ukraine raises “awkward questions” for China because it violates Beijing’s closely-held principles of territorial integrity, sovereignty and non-interference.

(11-04-2022, 09:26 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  Vladimir Putin’s war in Ukraine has tested ties between the US and China already strained by a host of security and economic issues from Taiwan, to the South China Sea, telecommunications technology and trade. Asian nations like Singapore have long sought closer ties between the two in order to cooperate on other global issues like climate change and a response to the pandemic.

Still, China’s muted response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has hardened views within President Joe Biden’s administration that President Xi Jinping may be moving closer to supporting Moscow as the conflict continues. Lee previously said Russia’s invasion of Ukraine raises “awkward questions” for China because it violates Beijing’s closely-held principles of territorial integrity, sovereignty and non-interference.

China is in a dilemma.

If ever there is a country which can FEEL how the Ukrainians are feeling, it is China.  She was colonised by the Mongolians before (Yuan Dynasty), the Manchurians (Qing Dynasty), and then various Western powers, and also the Japanese.

Unequal treaties were forced upon China by the British.

Yet she needs Russia for her own security.

It is very difficult for her to open her mouth...

(11-04-2022, 09:40 PM)Oyk Wrote:  China is in a dilemma.

If ever there is a country which can FEEL how the Ukrainians are feeling, it is China.  She was colonised by the Mongolians before (Yuan Dynasty), the Manchurians (Qing Dynasty), and then various Western powers, and also the Japanese.

Unequal treaties were forced upon China by the British.

Yet she needs Russia for her own security.

It is very difficult for her to open her mouth...

君子报仇,十年不晚。 Rotfl
Let see when China has become No 1 Superpower… Let see what will happen to these countries.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(11-04-2022, 09:13 PM)RichDad Wrote:  He is Washington Whisperer

You are so clever. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(11-04-2022, 09:13 PM)RichDad Wrote:  He is Washington Whisperer

I don't think he has whisperer status anywhere. USA is the master.

(11-04-2022, 08:15 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/singap...32925.html

I think the problem is China is isolating itself
1. Information control inside country..firewall censorship and Internet control.

2. Self reliance economic system they want to do everything within country instead of cooperative trade.

3. Xi promoted ultra nationalism    portraying other countries negatively.

4. They are implementing a closed system not open system..

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(12-04-2022, 08:18 AM)Sticw Wrote:  I don't think he has whisperer status anywhere. USA is the master.

"If your strength is small, don’t carry heavy burdens. If your words are worthless, don’t give advice."

https://

Both article and video are made or written 7 years ago in 2015

The Thucydides Trap: Are the U.S. and China Headed for War?

In 12 of 16 past cases in which a rising power has confronted a ruling power, the result has been bloodshed.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internationa...ap/406756/

Destined for War: Can America and China Escape Thucydides’s Trap?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yghOc-lMIM

Why so KPO?

Singapore has so many problems still not solved

Is LHL hinting that 20 of his own Ministers will be made redundant soon?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(12-04-2022, 10:03 AM)Ola Wrote:  Why so KPO?

Singapore has so many problems still not solved

Is LHL hinting that 20 of his own Ministers will be made redundant soon?

What 20%?

It's 100% okay?

The next GE, Lieshah will make a khanback!

Lieshah Party will form the next government.

Peetam will remain LOTO.