As temperatures rise, low-income families in rental units struggle to

As temperatures rise, low-income families in rental units struggle to beat the heat

Ms Nor Aisyah, a homemaker with five children who lives in a two-room rental flat in Bedok, recently bought a portable air conditioner. Since then, her electricity bills have doubled to around S$50 a week, which eats into her budget for groceries and medical expenses.

☀️ https://tdy.sg/4dMKzWc

@todayonlinesg

Last time when air con not invented ppl also stay HDB. Why now low income families also want to enjoy ? No air con will not die. No food and water then die they should prioritise. Me home also no air con.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

Be in birthday suit to cool down at home.

(Yesterday, 04:58 PM)sgh Wrote:  Last time when air con not invented ppl also stay HDB. Why now low income families also want to enjoy ? No air con will not die. No food and water then die they should prioritise. Me home also no air con.
Weather so hot, no Aircon u can sleep meh?

(Yesterday, 05:07 PM)winbig Wrote:  Weather so hot, no Aircon u can sleep meh?

Last time no air con how ppl sleep? All die?

(Yesterday, 05:09 PM)sgh Wrote:  Last time no air con how ppl sleep? All die?

Cannot sleep well

(Yesterday, 05:12 PM)winbig Wrote:  Cannot sleep well

Cannot sleep well so later die? If last time when air con was not invented and ppl still can survive means it is not an essential. Essential is without will die. I wait to read news got ppl die becuz no air con cannot sleep so die

Why does a housewife with no income like Logeswari have 5 children with no. 6 on the way? It is not the recent spate of very hot weather has made life harder for herself, but her lack of family planning.

(Yesterday, 04:56 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  As temperatures rise, low-income families in rental units struggle to beat the heat

Ms Nor Aisyah, a homemaker with five children who lives in a two-room rental flat in Bedok, recently bought a portable air conditioner. Since then, her electricity bills have doubled to around S$50 a week, which eats into her budget for groceries and medical expenses.

☀️ https://tdy.sg/4dMKzWc

@todayonlinesg

I really don't understand why people don't bother to even do basic online research in this day and age. If she had bothered to just spend 3 minutes to google, she would have known that portable air conditioners are super energy guzzlers and are usually only used during special circumstances and certainly not for extended periods of the day.

Spending $220 per month on electricity just to power up a portable aircon is ridiculous. A system 1 Midea only goes for $900+ now compared to portable which now cost $400 - $600, she could have just tried to save a bit and get a proper aircon and would cut down her bills significantly.

(Yesterday, 05:09 PM)sgh Wrote:  Last time no air con how ppl sleep? All die?

Last time, temperature not so high

Kampong house likely cooler

Now, there are less trees than concrete

Even my bedroom wall facing the sun is HOT!

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

I bought a portable air con some time..its ard $400.

Should be with reach is not govt should help

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(Yesterday, 07:04 PM)Ola Wrote:  Last time, temperature not so high

Last time temperature not as high as now

(Yesterday, 07:04 PM)Ola Wrote:  Last time, temperature not so high

So my original question remains no air con will die? If not then is not essential unlike food and water which are essential as without will die

Singapore average temperature has gone up by about 2 degrees compared to the past many years. If it continues to go up by another 2 degrees, I may need an air-con to sleep soon.
[+] 1 user Likes Clyde's post

Eversince Gov banned the old aircon gase usage, I have been living without aircon. Still manageable with the heat .

(Yesterday, 04:58 PM)sgh Wrote:  Last time when air con not invented ppl also stay HDB. Why now low income families also want to enjoy ? No air con will not die. No food and water then die they should prioritise. Me home also no air con.

Smile I also don't have air con in my home. Important is electricity and water. In fact water is more important as we need it as Human beside food.