Putin calls on US to stop fighting in Ukraine and push for peace deal

The claim first surfaced after David Arahamiya, Ukraine’s chief negotiator in the peace talks, cited Johnson’s surprise trip to Kyiv in 2022 among the reasons the talks stalled.

Arahamiya told a journalist that while talks between Kyiv and Moscow were under way in Istanbul, Johnson told leaders in Kyiv that Ukraine “shouldn’t sign anything with them at all – and let’s just fight”.

He added he had assured Zelensky of the UK’s unwavering support for Ukraine, stating Britain would back Kyiv “a thousand per cent”.

Discussing a potential path to peace, Putin said: “If Washington believes it to be the wrong decision, let it abandon it. Let it find the delicate excuse so that no one is insulted. Let it come up with a way out. It was not us who made this decision. It was them. So let them go back on it.”

He added: “And now we have to look for a way out of this situation to correct their mistakes. They did it, so let them correct it themselves. We support this.”

But he said defeating Russia in Ukraine is “impossible” and Nato must accept Moscow’s territorial gains there.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/russia-...ISRJMUCLU/

Peace deal is very simple Russia stop invasion of other countries and withdraw its troops.

Ukraine surrendered all its nuclear weapons years ago with assurance that Russia and the west ensure its security.

Putin suddenly become historian to say Ukraine all along part of Russia.

Everything happened because of what Putin decided to do.

So he should stop.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.