Putin support base start to erode as lawmakers and oligarchs turn

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-o...uke-2022-3

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(13-03-2022, 07:25 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-o...uke-2022-3

there is no way that Putin can win. Even if he want to trigger a nuclear strike, his generals will
definitely get rid of him before it happen. Everyone know the invasion is a catastrophic blunder. Putin is trying to save his own ass now because he cannot come out defeated!

Only Sgbutt believes in this type of FAKE NEWS!

(13-03-2022, 07:59 PM)lionkingch55 Wrote:  there is no way that Putin can win. Even if he want to trigger a nuclear strike, his generals will
definitely get rid of him before it happen. Everyone know the invasion is a catastrophic blunder. Putin is trying to save his own ass now because he cannot come out defeated!

The world had either overestimated Russia's military might or underestimated Ukraine's' ability to defend itself.

Unless he used WMD, Ukraine is giving Russia a hard time.  Both are ex-Soviet states, and this fight is like a match between Manchester United and Liverpool.  It's not Man U vs some obscure football club in Jalan Besar or Tampines.

Putin made a strategic error in the larger scheme of things to expose his military mediocrity.  The world had thought that he had a powerful army, and he should have played along and let them think that way....

Now the US and NATO can size him up liao...

He fought the wrong war, and wasted his men and arsenal on Ukraine which was just a pawn in the whole scheme of things.

Ukraine must put up a hard fight to protect their land. That is a basic duty of every citizens. It's shocking that some commies are shouting surrender. How can you give away your precious land to the invaders. Any peace loving countries must support Ukraine either by donations or sanctions. Sg has done both. Well done.

Putin blunder help precipitate the tight embrace of US and EU. These two command about close to 50% of world GDP. Throw in Japan, Australia, SK. Taiwan, Sg etc, it will be in excess to 60% of world GDP. Russia is only less than 2% GDP.Even if China want to help, they are only 15% of word  GDP and is heavily dependent on the US/EU/Japan etc on tecnology, markets etc.

(13-03-2022, 08:52 PM)Instinct Wrote:  Ukraine must put up a hard fight to protect their land. That is a basic duty of every citizens. It's shocking that some commies are shouting surrender. How can you give away your precious land to the invaders. Any peace loving countries must support Ukraine either by donations or sanctions. Sg has done both. Well done.

Are you going there to help them fight?

(13-03-2022, 08:53 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Are you going there to help them fight?

You stupid lah. Why don't you go fight for Russia instead of posting your communist propaganda here non stop.

(13-03-2022, 08:54 PM)Instinct Wrote:  You stupid lah. Why don't you go fight for Russia instead of posting your communist propaganda here non stop.

You encourage them to fight. Not me.

You want them to die. Not me!

(13-03-2022, 07:25 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-o...uke-2022-3

"Three members of the Russian Communist Party, which usually votes in line with Putin's agenda"

"Led for three decades by the Soviet Union’s former propaganda minister Gennady Zyuganov, the Communist Party of the Russian Federation has morphed from radical, civil war-threatening revanchists in the 1990s to a component of the “systemic opposition” that gives voters an option to register discontent without threatening the rule of Putin’s United Russia party. In exchange for cooperation, Putin has helped to achieve a litany of Communist goals: the rehabilitation of Soviet leaders, the subjugation of media to the state, the marginalization of (some) oligarchs, and increased combativeness with the West.

In turn, Communist criticism of Putin is rarely more than rhetorical. "

Russia must be defeated and make to pay reparations to Ukraine for all the destruction and suffering it caused. Invaders must never be allowed to win the war and international community are helping Ukraine achieve their victory. If Putin has any conscience, he should withdraw now!

(13-03-2022, 09:01 PM)Instinct Wrote:  Russia must be defeated and make to pay reparations to Ukraine for all the destruction and suffering it caused. Invaders must never be allowed to win the war and international community are helping Ukraine achieve their victory. If Putin has any conscience, he should withdraw now!

How about Syria, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan and Yemen? They deserved to die? Huh

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

(13-03-2022, 09:22 PM)Niubee Wrote:  How about Syria, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan and Yemen? They deserved to die? Huh

China also didn't get compensation from Japan!

[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-03-13-21-31-52.png]