Queues form at malls as vaccination status checks begin under new Covid-19 measures

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/c...w-covid-19

Some patrons thought the new measures should have been announced earlier to give people more time to get fully vaccinated.

A man in his 40s who wanted to be known only as Mr Lau said: "This is bad policy planning... The measures should have been announced long ago, three to four weeks before roll-out so people can get fully vaccinated with both jabs first."

He also did not see the necessity for more checks inside the mall, such as at the eateries.

"It is ridiculous to have your vaccination status checked multiple times within the same building and it will only cause bottlenecks," he said.

An unvaccinated patron who wanted to be known only as Ms Sue, 40, is making the most of the current grace period for malls before the rules kick in on Oct 20.

"I'm going to go out every day this week to meet people, and use up some vouchers," said Ms Sue, who was worried she would be stopped from entering malls on Wednesday.

She added that she will also be going to Spotlight at Plaza Singapura to "stock up on things I cannot get next week".

She does not plan to get vaccinated, saying: "I'm not going to get vaccinated because we have to continue getting booster shots. When they force us to take booster shots every six months, you don't know what they are going to do next."
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

Why the policy planning is so bad ?

No foresight ?

But they are paid $millions to do their jobs .
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

use Token. can right.

don't tell me need Token + phone (or vaccination proof)

How come nex don't follow grace period till Oct 20????

(14-10-2021, 11:24 AM)Klesk Wrote:  use Token. can right.

After 13 Oct. needs token, vaccination certificate, and IC. to get into malls, F&B outlets, and restaurants.... crying

Stupid, this is purely to "incentivise" unvaccinated to get the jabs that's all. Hope situation improves and such stupid checks can be stopped

another silly idea and waste of resources which can be better places in health care area.

(14-10-2021, 12:40 PM)lylcnn Wrote:  Stupid, this is purely to "incentivise" unvaccinated to get the jabs that's all. Hope situation improves and such stupid checks can be stopped

With the many (3,000+) infections for the past few days, these actions become necessary to curb the high rate of Covid-19 infections.  I think it will take at least a few months before we can see the drop to two digits.  Therefore this procedure will be enforced until the next year.... crying

Nex used to be quite crowded, but over weekend seeing less crowd, mainly go there to packed food or makan. hardly seeing people at retail shops, can't imagine those malls with no crowd.
retail business very cham

(14-10-2021, 10:39 AM)forum456 Wrote:  Why the policy planning is so bad ?

No foresight ?

But they are paid $millions to do their jobs .

they are not worth the millions pay plus mp allwances 15k

(14-10-2021, 12:53 PM)talky Wrote:  they are not worth the millions pay plus mp allwances 15k

Still we are paying them the millions plus a MP allowance of 16K per month.  The ministars are grossly overpaid for the work they are performing.....

(14-10-2021, 12:58 PM)debono Wrote:  Still we are paying them the millions plus a MP allowance of 16K per month.  The ministars are grossly overpaid for the work they are performing.....

Ha, Don't forget Mayors! and top civil servants down to bottom

Skip the Nurse, Doc, as they are the ones REALLY working behind

Let the show begin.

(14-10-2021, 01:07 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Ha, Don't forget Mayors! and top civil servants down to bottom

Skip the Nurse, Doc, as they are the ones REALLY working behind

Mayors are also paid million dollars remuneration per  annum, plus they are entitled to an allowance of $16K per month  as MP allowance.... Laughing

[Image: giphy.gif]

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

Well MPs suspended mps... they Don go malls... measures r there to inconvenience citizens but not them... n lhl  said d virus is not dangerous anymore...

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

Quote: She does not plan to get vaccinated, saying: "I'm not going to get vaccinated because we have to continue getting booster shots. When they force us to take booster shots every six months, you don't know what they are going to do next."

Rotfl

8Umbrella Umbrella

(14-10-2021, 11:24 AM)Klesk Wrote:  use Token. can right.

A man in his 40s who wanted to be known only as Mr Lau said: "This is bad policy planning... The measures should have been announced long ago, three to four weeks before roll-out so people can get fully vaccinated with both jabs first."

Must ask Ong YK how he plan, why so luan? Did he plan?

Why the Safe Entry Scanner does not show green or red light for vax and unvax?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(14-10-2021, 02:34 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  Well MPs suspended mps... they Don go malls... measures r there to inconvenience citizens but not them... n lhl  said d virus is not dangerous anymore...

In retrospect, LHL must have regretted saying that Covid-19 is not dangerous....but it had caused every nation to be inconvenienced ...... crying