Magnitude 5.6 earthquake hits Taiwan on Monday

https://www.todayonline.com/world/magnit...sc-1996551

Yes this morning Taipei has also experienced up to 4 Richter scales shake. So for those staying on high floor, typically from 3rd floor onwards will feel the shake or nausea.

(19-09-2022, 11:30 AM)kangtangman Wrote:  Yes this morning Taipei has also experienced up to 4 Richter scales shake. So for those staying on high floor, typically from 3rd floor onwards will feel the shake or nausea.

It was said more aftershocks these few days.

(19-09-2022, 11:31 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  It was said more aftershocks these few days.

Yes, this will last for awhile. Early this year while I was in a quarantine hotel I have experienced a 4 Richter scale shake. The whole bed was shaking up and down in the wee hour….and the aftershock lasted for about a week back then.
[+] 1 user Likes kangtangman's post

(19-09-2022, 11:44 AM)kangtangman Wrote:  Yes, this will last for awhile. Early this year while I was in a quarantine hotel I have experienced a 4 Richter scale shake. The whole bed was shaking up and down in the wee hour….and the aftershock lasted for about a week back then.

I encountered the same when I was in Taipei for work many years ago, the bed shook left and right like a boat in an ocean, the walls shook violently like they were going to collapse. All the wine glasses were broken on the ground and TV set fell on the floor….it lasted for a minute and I quickly grabbed my passport and wallet and ran out of my room & went down to the lobby. I was on the 17th floor.

Taiwan often encountered earthquakes , to them use to it already....if in Singapore than become big news lah...

(19-09-2022, 11:54 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  I encountered the same when I was in Taipei for work many years ago, the bed shook left and right like a boat in an ocean, the walls shook violently like they were going to collapse. All the wine glasses were broken on the ground and TV set fell on the floor….it lasted for a minute and I quickly grabbed my passport and wallet and ran out of my room & went down to the lobby. I was on the 17th floor.

Well, this is a common thing during summer to autumn period in Taiwan. Just that we are kind of used to it but still fear the mother nature forces.

(19-09-2022, 01:01 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  Taiwan often encountered earthquakes  , to them use to it already....if in Singapore than become big news lah...

Remember many years ago Singapore got a little earthquake, many people were scared and ran out of the building

(19-09-2022, 01:12 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Remember many years ago Singapore got a little earthquake, many people were scared and ran out of the building

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4662019