Raymond Lim last time said if GST is 8.5% then public transport is free

“The money still must come from somewhere, right? It is about 1.5 percentage point increase in your GST. So now it’s 7 (per cent), you want it to be free? You want the GST to go up to 8.5 per cent, to run a completely free bus and MRT system?”

More at https://shrtco.de/z789Tv
[+] 1 user Likes pinkypanther's post

Indranee said no blank cheques.

Should send her to COP to be questioned and interrogated.

[Image: Indranee-no-blank-cheques-2020.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(23-01-2022, 10:03 PM)pinkypanther Wrote:  “The money still must come from somewhere, right? It is about 1.5 percentage point increase in your GST. So now it’s 7 (per cent), you want it to be free? You want the GST to go up to 8.5 per cent, to run a completely free bus and MRT system?”

More at https://shrtco.de/z789Tv

Liar liar pants on fire
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

They are the real liars. Give you one wing and take back whole turkey

8Umbrella Umbrella

blank cheque.

i am willing to pay more gst so long as
1. the full amount of increase goes to help those in need.
2. None of it goes to pap favorite spending defense, reserves and increase. in stat boards, GLCs spendings...scholarship for foreigners...etc
3. Money earned from expired land leases goes from reserves back to budget since land is returned to govt.

(3) has to be explained. Land sales $ goes to reserves not to govt budget unlike in HK and all other countries. this result in hardship for citizens to build reserves managed by elites. However once leses end and land returns to govt such money should be released to benefit the people as land can now be resold to raise fresh money for reserves.

without (3) the citizens are subjected to continuous onerous burden of higher taxes when they already paid high price in rental, housing and overall elevated costs due to high rental/ cost of land. This has created massive inequality in our society and should be stopped.

pap often claims it wants to build inclusive society and reduce inequalities but inequality keeps going up in singapore,
i see no honest effort from them.

what i suggest can be done to benefit citizens. will they do it? answer is no as present setup gives them control of a lot of money. in the end it is just greed.

https://tnp.straitstimes.com/news/singap...itam-singh

On Feb 19, Singapore's Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat announced in Budget 2018 that the GST will be raised for the first time in more than a decade, from 7 per cent to 9 per cent, and that the hike will be implemented some time from 2021 to 2025.
Mr Singh, who is an Aljunied GRC MP and tipped to be the party's next leader, told the House that instead of raising GST, the Government could consider the "novel" idea of tapping into money raised from land sales.
Currently, money earned from land sales are excluded from spending because they form part of Singapore's reserves - a move that prevents the unnecessary selling of la

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Their reputation already gone down to drain after keep shifting goal post… Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"