Received Offer letter for Chip Eng Seng stock....

Due to WC I have not followed up on the saga of the woman trying to makan the company. She is definitely offering a poor deal below what the company is worth 

Anyway, is there any action on my part?
If I don't accept, will it get delisted if it cross the threshold?...or there will be one last chance to accept?

Appreciate anyone who is familiar.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(11-12-2022, 07:31 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Due to WC I have not followed up on the saga of the woman trying to makan the company. She is definitely offering a poor deal below what the company is worth 

If I don't accept, will it get delisted if it cross the threshold?...or there will be one last chance to accept?

I not familiar with this coy but if you are not SSH doesn’t matter what you do Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

I found the answer from sharejunction see below.

1. If you don't accept and they cross the 90% threshold, the offer becomes mandatory and stock delisted.

2. If not nothing happens....it goes on as per before likley stock falls below 75cts because this offer is final.

3. Looks like they already cross 50% but unlikely to make it to 90% so delisting will not go through.

4. Some investors accept the offer as the stock will sink below 75cts should they not get 90% and delisting effort fail.

[Image: f4snMLR.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Same difference Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

The Tangs did same for Singhayi and made off like bandits

All these are classic value plays buying at massive discount to NTA then delist after that they sell off assets and get their gains.

There are many such companies on SGX like Hong Fok ...typical of property counters
Lesson here is while you can make when company monetise their assets or someone comes over to buy the company....the problem is wait time and actual price at which all this take place. Supposed you buy and wait. 8 yrs later someone make offer 40% higher that annualise to 5% a year only...

(11-12-2022, 08:05 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The Tangs did same for Singhayi and made off like bandits

All these are classic value plays buying at massive discount to NTA then delist after that they sell off assets and get their gains.

There are many such companies on SGX like Hong Fok ...typical of property counters
Lesson here is while you can make when company monetise their assets or someone comes over to buy the company....the problem is wait time and actual price at which all this take place. Supposed you buy and wait. 8 yrs later someone make offer 40% higher that annualise to 5% a year only...

money make money, rich getting richer.

(11-12-2022, 07:31 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Due to WC I have not followed up on the saga of the woman trying to makan the company. She is definitely offering a poor deal below what the company is worth 

Sell to her. Big fish eat small fish. Common.
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

See no reason why this stock jumped in recent months.  Every financial indicators are falling and the future in construction industries isn't looking any better with many economic recession calls everywhere. think they are selling their assets to sustain.

Just sell and move on. If delisting is unsuccessful, the price will drop and you can still buy it back if you really like the stock.