Reddit: Teachers forced to work during PE on Teacher's Day

Just to share this teacher's interesting rant.

Quote:Just a rant from a frustrated teacher.

Teachers are literal servants. Servants of their superiors, some parents and the government.

On top of our already crazy job scope, we have to undergo hours of online and physical election officer training to get activated for a full day during election periods. This year, the PE takes the cake as they couldn’t think of a better day to hold the PE than on the special day for Teachers. Teachers who are activated as PO would probably have to set up their polling stations one day before, which is usually when schools hold events to celebrate Teacher’s Day, guess who will miss their own celebration? Yes, they’re giving it back on 11 Sept, but the significance of the special day is long gone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/comme..._servants/
[+] 2 users Like starbugs's post

teachers here are welly overpaid as the incumbent ones

they are good at complaining at the cons
but kept quiet and happy like fück always at the pros
[+] 1 user Likes KILLjoy's post

(13-08-2023, 12:05 PM)KILLjoy Wrote:  teachers here are welly overpaid as the incumbent ones

they are good at complaining at the cons
but kept quiet and happy like fück always at the pros

WAIT

TEACHERS EVERY ELECTION VOTED PAP

SO OWNSELF CUM OWNSELF PLEASE
[+] 2 users Like grotesqueness's post

They have more than 2 months of school holidays how come they never kpkb?  Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

Alright! Own up!! Who is holding the knife or gun to force this poor teacher to become a teacher?
[+] 1 user Likes Buffybuffy's post

They can choose to leave their jobs.

Teacher doesn't know what PE stands for 🤦🤣.
He needs to go for special classes to learn about Singapore.

And oh so poor thing , must go for NS !!
Maybe he should try informing CMPB that he identifies as a woman.

So are the schools celebrating Teacher's Day on 11 Sep instead of 1 Sep since Singapore is giving back the day on 11 Sep (nice long weekend if no school celebrations)?

how much is teacher celery?

which jod got no stress?
Frown

people are mean and scary
i dont know how they judge me
i dont know what they think about me
Sad 

Yea yea than yearly take bonus and increment keep quiet.

Lectures even best change new car like changing clothes.

Teachers kao pei for what.. They are not the only ones having to do OT during PE.

All civil servants has to do that as well so why complain.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(13-08-2023, 12:13 PM)winbig Wrote:  They have more than 2 months of school holidays how come they never kpkb?  Laughing
Teacher has no vacation leave and, casual leave
Leave is fixed
No free choice of leave 
Every career there is + and -
Yes, no happy to be a teacher can choose better job.

(13-08-2023, 11:49 AM)starbugs Wrote:  Just to share this teacher's interesting rant.

If salary no good; who will stay? U are well paid to do the job.

Hmmmmmm

I'm not a teacher but it's a valid question why it's always the teachers who get the saikang. Why the other civil servants sitting in nice office don't get the election saikang?

(13-08-2023, 02:33 PM)starbugs Wrote:  I'm not a teacher but it's a valid question why it's always the teachers who get the saikang. Why the other civil servants sitting in nice office don't get the election saikang?

Actually to be honest , Teacher they themselves have to teach , etc aka means they on the spot doing the job.

What you preferring are those so call Technical Officer, they just tell sub contractor do there and there. Their main job actually just walk around ' of course most will not , go tell sub con go check anything fault take photo , and fix. " Preferring those old timer Chao keng ones. As they know how to play along the public sector working culture.

Those newbie will be blur blur ownself go check around instead tell sub contractor do.

(13-08-2023, 11:49 AM)starbugs Wrote:  Just to share this teacher's interesting rant.

Education Minister Chan Chun Seng is from PAP lah! Big Grin That's why lor!
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(13-08-2023, 02:33 PM)starbugs Wrote:  I'm not a teacher but it's a valid question why it's always the teachers who get the saikang. Why the other civil servants sitting in nice office don't get the election saikang?

In this case, could be a lot of polling stations are setup in schools? Not sure about this in terms of %.

(13-08-2023, 12:14 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  Alright! Own up!! Who is holding the knife or gun to force this poor teacher to become a teacher?

poor meh? I think his salary higher than yours and mine

Because it is held at schools. Teachers homeground. Schools are the only place where crowd (voters) can be evenly controlled & spread.

Who says no? They take turns.

Question is why must PE be on 1 Sep? Is it an auspicious date for Tharman?

(13-08-2023, 05:30 PM)Reddishday Wrote:  poor meh? I think his salary higher than yours and mine
You define poor teacher as in pay is low? You never heard of poor thing?