Reinvest your dividends: Path to wealth....

Here is S&P500 ...$100 invested in 1980.with dividends reinvested and without....until today.

The return is 50 times. 1000 becomes 50k. 50k becomes $2.5M

This is not a trick or anything .....if you had 50k at that time and invest in US. And everytime you get dividends you reinvest ...it becomes $2.5M...no debt to service ...no leverage involved.

In fact it is also true starting from 1940 until 1980.

So a person in 1980 can already know the trick and could have used it in the subsequent 40 yrs to 50x his money but few bother.

Getting rich does not always involve something ingenious or something hard.

[Image: MSPbSyF.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Theory is theory. The problem with man is usually not that they do not know, but they think they're not the unlucky one, or they choose to believe that they're the lucky one.

Just like smoking. You think people who smoke do not know its harmful effects?

Same case here. People want more and more money, and even investing in S&P is considered slow. People want excitement and quick money. Otherwise, why is it that you are also investing in stocks?

(25-08-2021, 08:58 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Theory is theory. The problem with man is usually not that they do not know, but they think they're not the unlucky one, or they choose to believe that they're the lucky one.

Same case here. People want more and more money, and even investing in S&P is considered slow. People want excitement and quick money. Otherwise, why is it that you are also investing in stocks?

What you said makes sense.

(25-08-2021, 08:58 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Theory is theory. The problem with man is usually not that they do not know, but they think they're not the unlucky one, or they choose to believe that they're the lucky one.

Hence develop some discipline know what works and follow it.

Do not let fear and emotion control you.

Few can do it ....be the few not the majority who fail.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Sum no discipline in investment horizon ... they follow fad trends ... end up losing more in investments they dunno about the abcs

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

there's a wise saying, duno you understand or not: 千金难买早知道, 万金难买后悔药

Rushing to put $1,000 into stocks nao! Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(25-08-2021, 05:49 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Here is S&P500 ...$100 invested in 1980.with dividends reinvested and without....until today.

The return is 50 times. 1000 becomes 50k. 50k becomes $2.5M

This is not a trick or anything .....if you had 50k at that time and invest in US. And everytime you get dividends you reinvest ...it becomes $2.5M...no debt to service ...no leverage involved.

In fact it is also true starting from 1940 until 1980.

So a person in 1980 can already know the trick and could have used it in the subsequent 40 yrs to 50x his money but few bother.

Getting rich does not always involve something ingenious or something hard.

[Image: MSPbSyF.jpg]
If only the seventy-seven accountant had crossed path with you........ Sad

(25-08-2021, 09:02 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Hence develop some discipline know what works and follow it.

Do not let fear and emotion control you.

Few can do it ....be the few not the majority who fail.

Because there're always great stories of how people made it to become millionaires in just 1 to 2 year's time, through stocks picking. Other people who read these stories always feel that they can similarly do so.

Discipline (or self-restrain) is one of the most difficult things to have. Otherwise why people are addicted to gambling, or their small head takes charge once they see a chiobu  Big Grin