Qing Dynasty book on calculus!

翻譯清朝微積分課本!比原文書還難懂!感覺同時霸凌文組和理組(哭) - YouTube

Wow....interesting.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

纳 = natural log
禾 = integation
甲乙丙丁 = abcd
天地 = xy

Alot of Theories from Chinese actually did not recorded down properly. 五千历史其实不是盖的。
Machiam, AngMohs were the ones who came out all the theories.

The Chinese has a very bad culture on passing down the knowledge. 宁愿失传,也不传外人。 crying

There is one interesting one like 关羽刮骨疗伤。
The physician who treated 关羽 was not 华佗 actually. Rotfl 因为华佗already uplorry.
Why the author 罗贯中 wants to tell a lie?

过五关斩六将也是虚的, 不是真的。

关羽手握青龙偃月刀 也是假的。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(24-11-2021, 10:04 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Wow....interesting.

This one only A level and above can understnd. Big Grin

(24-11-2021, 11:53 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Alot of Theories from Chinese actually did not recorded down properly. 五千历史其实不是盖的。
Machiam, AngMohs were the ones who came out all the theories.

The Chinese has a very bad culture on passing down the knowledge. 宁愿失传,也不传外人。 crying

There is one interesting one like 关羽刮骨疗伤。
The physician who treated 关羽 was not 华佗 actually. Rotfl 因为华佗already uplorry.
Why the authour 罗贯中 wants to tell a lie?

过五关斩六将也是虚的, 不是真的。

关羽手握青龙偃月刀 也是假的。

现在也还很多假的,每天都有人在买卖。多人信了就变真了

(24-11-2021, 04:09 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  现在也还很多假的,每天都有人在买卖。多人信了就变真了

真假不分才是最可悲!

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://m.sohu.com/a/373755098_120481318...00115_3w_a

当然,是路痴的只能是读者,啊不,只能是作者。在三国的正史当中,没有过五关斩六将方面的记载。

https://kknews.cc/zh-sg/history/pxyglo2.amp

what's calculus ?

Qing dynasty lasted from 1600-1900.
This document is from which period?

Newton in 1660 invented calculus.

The equation as the girl examined it skip so many steps....suddenly you have x to power of x....then suddenly a few pages later talk about jntegration by parts

Calculus started with y=x*x differentiate to get 2*x.
as starting point to understand....and very simple you have to discover this first.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(24-11-2021, 04:41 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Qing dynasty lasted from 1600-1900.
This document is from which period?

Newton in 1660 invented calculus.

The equation as the girl examined it skip so many steps....suddenly you have x to power of x....then suddenly a few pages later talk about jntegration by parts

Calculus started with y=x*x differentiate to get 2*x.
as starting point to understand....and very simple you have to discover this first.

late Qing. This is a translation done by by qing scholars. Nothing inventive but i do give credit to making the effort during those times.

btw: Liebniz is the co inventor of calculus at around the same time.

aiya all concepts came china one lah. calculus from zhuangzi 庄子天下篇, computer binary system from the book of changes 易经。and so many stolen and becum theirs

(24-11-2021, 05:07 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  aiya all concepts came china one lah. calculus from zhuangzi 庄子天下篇, computer binary system from the book of changes 易经。and so many stolen and becum theirs

Actually all came from NOTHING!

Lawrence M. Krauss || A Universe from Nothing || Radcliffe Institute - YouTube

if you go to their muesuems, 99% of the artefacts there were stolen from other countries. why? because they dun hv

(24-11-2021, 04:50 PM)lionkingch55 Wrote:  late Qing. This is a translation done by by qing scholars. Nothing inventive but i do give credit to making the effort during those times.

btw: Liebniz is the co inventor of calculus at around the same time.

Translations? It looks they took bits and pieces not very coherent

(24-11-2021, 05:07 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  aiya all concepts came china one lah. calculus from zhuangzi 庄子天下篇, computer binary system from the book of changes 易经。and so many stolen and becum theirs

I think who makes best use of it is most important....not who thought of it first

(24-11-2021, 05:33 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think who makes best use of it is most important....not who thought of it first

yala, but when using someone's work, give credit where credit is due, at least quote the source and dun pretend it's yours, right?

The TW girl in the video is pretty smart to be able to interpret the symbols and equations.