Restaurant rejects customer's reusable container for takeaway food

Restaurant rejects customer's reusable container for takeaway food, charges 30 cents for paper box 

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore...s-30-cents

I think those real reusable ones should be allowed. But those recycling one time usage ones shouldn't. If kena food poisoning who will be at fault?
[+] 2 users Like Sticw's post

Bring tupperware box should be ok. This brand when I born already exist until today.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

It's disheartening to hear about the customer's experience with their reusable container being rejected, especially when they were trying to make an eco-friendly choice. Sustainability is a crucial aspect of our daily lives, and every effort counts.
On a more positive note, Dublin has some fantastic breakfast spots to explore. If you ever find yourself in the city, you can search for the best breakfast in Dublin near me to discover local eateries that serve up delicious morning meals. It's not only a great way to start the day but also an opportunity to support businesses that align with eco-friendly practices.

ask pap minister for answer. the one who implement plastic bag is chargeable at supermarket. why cannot.

If kena food poisoning because of the customers own container become whose fault?

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

It is a vegetarian restaurant called D'Life at Chun Tin Road. Using a paper box is not going green but wasting paper. Should send the staff to attend 3 days Save the Earth lessons.

(12-12-2023, 12:03 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  It is a vegetarian restaurant called D'Life at Chun Tin Road. Using a paper box is not going green but wasting paper. Should send the staff to attend 3 days Save the Earth lessons.

Some hawkers also insist that customers not be allowed to use their own food containers; they want to profit from charging for their flimsy plastic containers. 

(12-12-2023, 08:51 AM)jus4lucky Wrote:  ask pap minister for answer. the one who implement plastic bag is chargeable at supermarket. why cannot.

The price of supermarket plastic bags have already been factored into the prices of their groceries, so now customers are being charged twice when we need a plastic carrier. I always make it a point to bring my own reusable bags when shopping for groceries.
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(12-12-2023, 08:51 AM)jus4lucky Wrote:  ask pap minister for answer. the one who implement plastic bag is chargeable at supermarket. why cannot.

WHO ARE U TO ASK ME A  HIGH POST MINISTER SUCH STUPID N MEANINGLESS Q ?

(12-12-2023, 01:19 PM)talky Wrote:  WHO ARE U TO ASK ME A  HIGH POST MINISTER SUCH STUPID N MEANINGLESS Q ?

The Minister who insists that we pay for plastic bags at stores and supermarkets also insists that we must continue to bag our rubbish and food waste.  That means we are forced to pay for an essential item whenever we shop.

(12-12-2023, 01:32 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The Minister who insists that we pay for plastic bags at stores and supermarkets also insists that we must continue to bag our rubbish and food waste.  That means we are forced to pay for an essential item whenever we shop.

The man most likely indirectly hinting cannot take it can migrate or simply die earlier so close eyes cannot see anything.

(12-12-2023, 01:32 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The Minister who insists that we pay for plastic bags at stores and supermarkets also insists that we must continue to bag our rubbish and food waste.  That means we are forced to pay for an essential item whenever we shop.

(12-12-2023, 01:32 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The minister did not impose on you alone asshole!
Are you so fûcking poor?

Laughing Laughing

Exactly! Plastic bag is a necessity commodity to bag our dry and wet waste before throwing into the rubbish chut. Its something we can't do without.

(13-12-2023, 12:32 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  Exactly! Plastic bag is a necessity commodity to bag our dry and wet waste before throwing into the rubbish chut. Its something we can't do without.

I find that my usage of plastic bags hasn't lessened after the charge for these essential items. The only difference is that I now have to pay for them. The cleaner at my office also complained that his stash of garbage bags has been depleting faster than before.  Some of my colleagues must be helping themselves. LOL!
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

Minister in charge of Green Campaign must be an empty job title. Utterly disgraceful to flop in his job under his nose. Yet no stern warning was issued to the eatery.

(15-11-2023, 10:35 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Restaurant rejects customer's reusable container for takeaway food, charges 30 cents for paper box 

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore...s-30-cents

For me, I just walk away to another shop

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(13-12-2023, 07:56 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I find that my usage of plastic bags hasn't lessened after the charge for these essential items. The only difference is that I now have to pay for them. The cleaner at my office also complained that his stash of garbage bags has been depleting faster than before.  Some of my colleagues must be helping themselves. LOL!

Same for me. They really got no brains.  Creating more problems for us.