Retirement plan

Anyone when reaches 55 what is the plan to allocate your CPF

Continue to work, what retirement? PAP gov said one...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

PAP say Elderly in SG LOVE TO WORK TILL 70

55 also can't touch the CPF, what talking you ?

(09-02-2023, 02:56 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  55 also can't touch the CPF, what talking you ?

Can, if you set aside your basic,scheme and medic safe enough...remaining money can take out...else only $5000 lah...

(09-02-2023, 03:04 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  Can, if you set aside your basic,scheme and medic safe enough...remaining money can take out...else only $5000 lah...

$5000 can piak how many $200 atb or $300 kimchi syt ?

I mean when reach 55 CPF will move your money to retirement account how one plan?

(09-02-2023, 02:53 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  PAP say Elderly in SG LOVE TO WORK TILL 70

The PAP gov. is raising the retirement age to 65, and then 67 and then 70................ Big Grin

(09-02-2023, 03:07 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  $5000 can piak how many $200 atb or $300 kimchi syt ?

piak those $50 huans lah.  Afterall a hole is just a hole.  Better yet, try the third hand Kim.  Divorced twice pruss with kid in tow, sure cheaperer Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Not work until die meh?  Huh

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(09-02-2023, 02:36 PM)Cmpunk Wrote:  Anyone when reaches 55 what is the plan to allocate your CPF

Just go for FRS.  Never ERS.  Because all your huge monies when put in CPF Life at 65 you will not get even a single cent of interest.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(09-02-2023, 07:38 PM)debono Wrote:  The PAP gov. is raising the retirement age to 65, and then 67 and then 70................ Big Grin

i'm looking forward to my retirement...give me another 3-5 years

Song Boh! Dont laugh!

https://www.humanresourcesonline.net/abo...s-for-life

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(09-02-2023, 08:16 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  i'm looking forward to my retirement...give me another 3-5 years
By then how old will you be........................? Big Grin

(09-02-2023, 08:37 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Song Boh! Dont laugh!

https://www.humanresourcesonline.net/abo...s-for-life

$800 dollar for life ..
Never change ..

But hokkien mee go up from $3 to $5 .
Then $7
PAP is only govt that does not adjust pension payout for inflation

This will kill many later.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(09-02-2023, 08:46 PM)debono Wrote:  By then how old will you be........................? Big Grin

when i shared my retirement plan with friends recently, i was full of excitement.... Big Grin
traveling around the world and living a carefree life....
but some friends commented that there are still many years to come...things will change  Sad 
and i told them that i can choose to retire now.......
[+] 1 user Likes TalkingRabbit's post

(09-02-2023, 09:12 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  when i shared my retirement plan with friends recently, i was full of excitement.... Big Grin
but some friends commented that there are still many years to come...things will change  Sad 

Retire now? Got parents or child to feed? Got car ? House pay finish?
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(09-02-2023, 09:15 PM)sgh Wrote:  Retire now? Got parents or child to feed? Got car ? House pay finish?

i'm not dreaming  Wink

(09-02-2023, 09:15 PM)sgh Wrote:  Retire now? Got parents or child to feed? Got car ? House pay finish?

You are being very pragmatic to ask those questions............... Clapping

(09-02-2023, 09:12 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  when i shared my retirement plan with friends recently, i was full of excitement.... Big Grin
Awesome...but if you re around 50+ , your friends will be sceptical

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

Gov every yr. give out vouchers,tpt fee,cash money and many goodies packages so can retire already...

I also can retire now. But I also dare not do it as I have no confident with the current team. They have mismanage the economy badly. Rotfl
Artificial growth won’t sustain at all.
We follow US footstep. What happen to the US in the past, will be what happen to us later. When SGD starts to depreciate is the time we are in serious trouble.

[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(10-02-2023, 05:44 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  Gov every yr. give out vouchers,tpt fee,cash money and many goodies packages so can retire already...

Honestly it is not enough to sustain us, cos with inflation, the rise of goods and services, that money will run out before the end of the month............ crying

It's great that you're thinking ahead and planning for your retirement in advance. As for me, I'm still a bit away from 55, but early retirement is definitely a goal of mine.

It's great that you're thinking ahead and planning for your retirement in advance. As for me, I'm still a bit away from 55, but early retirement is definitely a goal of mine. When it comes to allocating my CPF, I plan to diversify my investments and not put all my eggs in one basket. I'll definitely be looking into using retirement calculators to see how much I'll need to save up to achieve my goals. Of course, it's always good to consult with financial experts to make sure I'm on the right track. Do you have any specific plans for your CPF allocation?

But govt wants us work till longer age...

(28-02-2023, 08:02 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  But govt wants us work till longer age...

Our gov. wants us to be financially independent when we  retire, that is why they keep on increasing our retirement age................from age 62 to age 65 and thence to age 67....... Big Grin

Planning how to allocate your CPF at 55 is a smart move. You might want to consider diversifying your assets, including stocks, bonds, and real estate. Also, if you're looking for retirement savings options, you can explore strategies like how to backdoor Roth IRA. It's essential to have a balanced approach that aligns with your financial goals and risk tolerance. Making informed decisions can help secure your financial future.

Special and MediSave Account (SMA) pegged rate exceeding the floor rate of 4 per cent, Central Provident Fund (CPF) members’ savings in the SMA will earn 4.08 per cent from Jan 1, 2024, to Mar 31, 2024.

Likewise, savings in the Retirement Account (RA) will earn the same interest rate over this period, as the RA interest rate peg is aligned to that of the SMA. The RA interest rate peg will be computed quarterly instead of annually from Jan 1, 2024.

The Ordinary Account (OA) interest rate will remain unchanged at 2.5 per cent, as the pegged OA rate remains below the floor rate of 2.5 per cent.
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/singapo...raised-408

Didn’t touch or withdraw from my CPF when I reached 55.

tomorrow will be a better day