Retrenched tech workers in Singapore face long, stressful job search

Retrenched tech workers in Singapore face long, stressful job search with little results .

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...rs-3335986
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

Not just tech workers. Any worker in SG when retrenched face long stressful job searches with little results.
[+] 3 users Like Basic_Strategy's post

Be prepared, more retrenchment is on the card. crying
Fed has failed miserably to contain high inflation.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 3 users Like RiseofAsia's post

doing grab is another job open to all.

why DPM Wong said we have full employment and many job vacancies are unfilled ?
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

My retrenched cousin tech worker working as cleaner, died of cardiac arrest, sad life.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

Rescinding job offer is the game in town for past 1 year at least, there are peoples joined 1 week or even before they start the job after tendered their resignation from current employer, just to be told your service no longer needed
After you signed the job offer, employer can rescinde it, is written in the contract, if tgey cannot rescind, they will find a reason which also included in your contract, your performance not good (is up to them to write and substantiate, and they won't tell you the specific to avoid being prosecuted)
Some has hr overseas to manage it, so they don't get any legal recourse allegedly, i find this strange but has no insight on this whether it is the case

The other big part is, allow foreigner to handle recruitment, eg frim india, from experience, they usually slow and keep dragging their feet, while you interview or near job offer, then you get another indian agents call you for another job opportubities , coincidence?
Is such a bad idea to allow foreigners to handle your bread and butter, because they will have preference to favour own peoples and "extra helpful"...
Then they go apply for pr

No indian manager will say good thing about local, but if another indian they will say until flying color that you thought the 2 are holding hands sky diving together, so close and so gay
They will complain, in sync, now because of the new regulatiin, hard to get talent from overseas.. They are majority now in tech sector, they try to influence...
[+] 1 user Likes jameslee58@hotmail.com's post

One from India, one from China.. no wonder they say tech sector full of foreigners..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

If over 35 ish even harder. Some of moi middle-aged friends in tech field ganna 'restructured' during the wuhan epidemic period till nao still cannot find back jobs that match their expertise, can only work PT type like delivery to earn 3 meals. Even they reduced their salary expectation to 3K also cannot find. Sad

A few only find jobs after switching field, like sales or become insurance\properties agents, but their basic pay ish usually very low.

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.
[+] 1 user Likes Soulhacker's post

(10-03-2023, 09:43 AM)Soulhacker Wrote:  If over 35 ish even harder. Some of moi middle-aged friends in tech field ganna 'restructured' during the wuhan epidemic period till nao still cannot find back jobs that match their expertise, can only work PT type like delivery to earn 3 meals. Even they reduced their salary expectation to 3K also cannot find. Sad

A few only find jobs after switching field, like sales or become insurance\properties agents, but their basic pay ish usually very low.

cannot be . DPM Wong said Singapore has full employment and many job vacancies are unfilled.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/r...ium=social&utm_source=telegram&utm_campaign=sttg

His latest comments were in response to a question from Mr Khanna on what problem was affecting skills training in Singapore, leaving many job vacancies unfilled.

Demurring, Mr Wong said the unfilled vacancies were not a symptom of training not being effective enough, but instead reflected the amount of opportunities available in Singapore, with the Republic already approaching full employment, on a par with pre-pandemic levels.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

and yet the shortlived minister of foreign manpower is still allowing and approving more and more dependant / visitor pass holders to seek employment and help here RIGHT HERE in Singapore and most importantly if they are jobless, they are given 90 days to stay and seek another job

do you think this arseO care for you with the dishonorable son behind supporting it for it's gdp growth for their own happiness wellbeing

their job positions are simply untouchable but yours not
do think twice when casting your vote

the infestation grows along with the ruling party

the ruling party grows
the infest grows

the ruling party with lesser power
the infest slows down

anyway
care zero F for this nation
care only for one's wellbeing

[Image: lZRhnAP.png]
[Image: AW3nGQx.png]
[Image: lDKcHlN.png]
[Image: CvL3o2f.png]
[Image: DKXYSzb.png]
[Image: P7pa489.png]
[Image: L1Fy6EC.png]
[Image: EWivNA3.png]
[Image: 0kyWn0w.png]
[Image: 5BJ2SBm.png]
[+] 1 user Likes KILLjoy's post

[Image: e02Iew7.png]
[Image: hA9it4W.png]
[Image: NDV2qnj.png]
[Image: 7Im9BnB.png]
[Image: RTwZVLG.png]
[Image: 6gw4URw.png]
[Image: 3OBrbuV.png]
[Image: F75EJEX.png]
[Image: PS1U6o8.png]

and these are just a few....
[+] 3 users Like KILLjoy's post

(10-03-2023, 10:10 AM)forum456 Wrote:  cannot be . DPM Wong said Singapore has full employment and many job vacancies are unfilled.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/r...ium=social&utm_source=telegram&utm_campaign=sttg

His latest comments were in response to a question from Mr Khanna on what problem was affecting skills training in Singapore, leaving many job vacancies unfilled.

Demurring, Mr Wong said the unfilled vacancies were not a symptom of training not being effective enough, but instead reflected the amount of opportunities available in Singapore, with the Republic already approaching full employment, on a par with pre-pandemic levels.

Our higher mortals will considered full employment for sinkie as long as after retrenched no matter wat their previous jobs are, they are willing to become cleaner and food delivery earning just enough for3 meals.

Beside in red dot no jobless welfare, you don't work really ish you die your own business. Sad

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.
[+] 2 users Like Soulhacker's post

(10-03-2023, 10:46 AM)Soulhacker Wrote:  Our higher mortals will considered full employment for sinkie as long as after retrenched no matter wat their previous jobs are, they are willing to become cleaner and food delivery earning just enough for3 meals.

Beside in red dot no jobless welfare, you don't work really ish you die your own business. Sad
Angry Angry Angry
[+] 1 user Likes babygirl's post

(10-03-2023, 10:33 AM)KILLjoy Wrote:  and yet the shortlived minister of foreign manpower is still allowing and approving more and more dependant / visitor pass holders to seek employment and help here RIGHT HERE in Singapore and most importantly if they are jobless, they are given 90 days to stay and seek another job

do you think this arseO care for you with the dishonorable son behind supporting it for it's gdp growth for their own happiness wellbeing

their job positions are simply untouchable but yours not
do think twice when casting your vote

the infestation grows along with the ruling party

the ruling party grows
the infest grows

the ruling party with lesser power
the infest slows down

anyway
care zero F for this nation
care only for one's wellbeing
Angry Angry Angry

Most of the IT and Finance related jobs are sought after by CECAs. The CCB anti Chinese brigade who makes a big Hoo ha about Chinese are purposely distracting from the REAL problem which is the ceca infestation of Singapore! PRCs don’t come here and steal jobs- they just spend a lot of money buying properties you and I would never be able to afford anyway and setting up family offices. It’s the CECAs that are a real threat to the average Sinkie livelihood with their fake degrees and kampong hire fellow kamponger practise. Time for Sinkies to point out the truth !
[+] 4 users Like aiptasia's post

(10-03-2023, 01:43 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  Most of the IT and Finance related jobs are sought after by CECAs. The CCB anti Chinese brigade who makes a big Hoo ha about Chinese are purposely distracting from the REAL problem which is the ceca infestation of Singapore! PRCs don’t come here and steal jobs- they just spend a lot of money buying properties you and I would never be able to afford anyway and setting up family offices. It’s the CECAs that are a real threat to the average Sinkie livelihood with their fake degrees and kampong hire fellow kamponger practise. Time for Sinkies to point out the truth !
Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up

Most tech workers I see in Singapore are not very good. And then there are some who thought they're very good but actually are not.

How 4g perform, you only need to see how they react to indian foreign talent, is quite specific,
Because the previous, supposed to be next pm hot contender, appeared to stand on the indian born jp morgan executive who scolded Singapore security guard...
I m sure opposition will be more observant this time, last time they kept quiet...
One thibg Singaporeans not doing well is 讲义气among own peoples, if you look at other countries, hk, china, japan and india, they really go all out to protect own peoples... Something Singaporeans need to learn after serving 2 years army, at least not to kowtow and lick foreigners butt like no tomorrow
Please don't praise them like no tomorrow
Have your own pride
[+] 1 user Likes jameslee58@hotmail.com's post

(10-03-2023, 02:47 PM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote:  How 4g perform, you only need to see how they react to indian foreign talent, is quite specific,
Because the previous, supposed to be next pm hot contender, appeared to stand on the indian born jp morgan executive who scolded Singapore security guard...
I m sure opposition will be more observant this time, last time they kept quiet...
One thibg Singaporeans not doing well is 讲义气among own peoples, if you look at other countries, hk, china,  japan and india, they really go all out to protect own peoples... Something Singaporeans need to learn after serving 2 years army, at least not to kowtow and lick foreigners butt like no tomorrow
Please don't praise them like no tomorrow
Have your own pride

Ya lor... in my many ex firms.. locals I work with.. gimme shite even though I help them.. But in front of foreign colleagues, wah so friendly even though these foreign colleagues make mistakes, dunno how to do the job. " its ok, let me help chew"  Angry

(10-03-2023, 01:43 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  Most of the IT and Finance related jobs are sought after by CECAs. The CCB anti Chinese brigade who makes a big Hoo ha about Chinese are purposely distracting from the REAL problem which is the ceca infestation of Singapore! PRCs don’t come here and steal jobs- they just spend a lot of money buying properties you and I would never be able to afford anyway and setting up family offices. It’s the CECAs that are a real threat to the average Sinkie livelihood with their fake degrees and kampong hire fellow kamponger practise. Time for Sinkies to point out the truth !

Also have many Koreans and Hongkies... no related industry exp. prior but hired to work in banking & finance... in marketing, business development, customer service etc in places I've work for.. worse part... can't even string proper English sentence.. yea I know Sporeans have the singlish accent BUT one can understand what they (Sporeans) explaining. 
How they ( Kr & Hkies ) even hired..  Huh

PAP will not care

Some are permanent temporary workers

with job few months in one year forever

they also don't care

VOTE PAP out, lah

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(11-03-2023, 01:58 PM)Ola Wrote:  PAP will not care

Some are permanent temporary workers

with job few months in one year forever

they also don't care

VOTE PAP out, lah
Thumbsup