Reverend Haitao was sad to see old folks still working in Spore

Was watching a lecture by him yesterday. He said when he was here he was sad to see an old man who barely can walk still working as a cleaner in Singapore.

Is this uniquely Singapore or happened in many other countries?

Their conscience already makan by dog lah.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

After all the increases, no more retiring early for the peasants. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(19-12-2022, 11:56 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Was watching a lecture by him yesterday. He said when he was here he was sad to see an old man who barely can walk still working as a cleaner in Singapore.

the only way to help them is to vote for opposition so that PAP will lose another GRC.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

Old folks if  nothing to do no motivation. 
Do something, self worthy. 
Keep learning, keep doing even when you age.  If your health allows. 
Some elderly volunteer choose to do charity work, 
Devote time to church or temple
Sad to see some wondering aimlessly at void deck,  smoke, drink or bet on horses.
[+] 1 user Likes Migrant's post

(19-12-2022, 11:56 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Was watching a lecture by him yesterday. He said when he was here he was sad to see an old man who barely can walk still working as a cleaner in Singapore.

Reverend Haitao is from which heaven?

BTW, it is more appropriate to call a Buddhist monk "Venerable", instead of Reverend.  Big Grin

Should let all the ministers' sons and daughters and those pampered kids do all the plate clearings and washings instead to teach them hardship.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(19-12-2022, 12:51 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Should let all the ministers' sons and daughters and those pampered kids do all the plate clearings and washings instead to teach them hardship.

Sg follows Assmerican style of capitalism. That cannot be done!  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

It is ok to work for those above 60 years -old based on 4 conditions

1) Not under rain or sun

2) Safe, hygienic and not- machinery related

3) part-time

4) same CPF rates like any other adults

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

No money have to work lah...Govt will subsidy those working too! eg if sal.$1300 will get top up $$ & CPF etc...
[+] 1 user Likes ysh02's post

I don't mind working when I'm old but I wouldn't want to work as a cleaner or to carry cardboards.

To relief the burden on the elderly, we should give them free transport, or at least free transport during certain hours of the day.

If give elderly money, the gainers will be sports toto.
[+] 1 user Likes Migrant's post

(19-12-2022, 01:12 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I don't mind working when I'm old but I wouldn't want to work as a cleaner or to carry cardboards.

To relief the burden on the elderly, we should give them free transport, or at least free transport during certain hours of the day.

I think only China can do that. Greedy PAP can go to hell. Nobody knows how much they suck from system.
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

(19-12-2022, 01:12 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  No money have to work lah...Govt will subsidy those working too! eg if sal.$1300 will get top up $$ & CPF etc...

Clapping

(19-12-2022, 01:56 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  I think only China can do that. Greedy PAP can go to hell. Nobody knows how much they suck from system.

Sg MS media love to report negative news / fake news about China!

(19-12-2022, 12:42 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Old folks if  nothing to do no motivation. 
Sad to see some wondering aimlessly at void deck,  smoke, drink or bet on horses.

Well said

(19-12-2022, 12:42 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Old folks if  nothing to do no motivation. 

U should go Chengdu and take a walk....u will see thousands of old people with nothing to do but enjoying life. First timer there will get a shock!

(19-12-2022, 01:12 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I don't mind working when I'm old but I wouldn't want to work as a cleaner or to carry cardboards.

We have to draw a line come so call " Elderly at work " To GREEDY PAP THEY DON'T BOTHER Your back already crook or can't hardly walk whereas you struggle to work despite health problem " to them is " You should be happy still can work "

I only can see the MOST Comfort so call Elderly workers still working YET their pay still consider Very good despite got " slight pay cut "
are Civil servants.

(19-12-2022, 02:26 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  U should go Chengdu and take a walk....u will see thousands of old people with nothing to do but enjoying life. First timer there will get a shock!

That's right. I go to China and see many old people enjoying their retirement.

(19-12-2022, 05:52 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  That's right. I go to China and see many old people enjoying their retirement.

WOLS Now than know how China Elderly " at least they retire happy "

Last time many years back also China tourist WAS SHOCK OUR Elderly still working , unable to walk , back already crook , etc still work.

They at first thought wow must be been pay so high that why SG elderly work but later they find out .....zzz

(19-12-2022, 06:03 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  WOLS Now than know how China Elderly " at least they retire happy "

Last time many years back also China tourist WAS SHOCK OUR Elderly still working , unable to walk , back already crook , etc still work.

They at first thought wow must be been pay so high that why SG elderly work but later they find out .....zzz

The cleaners here are paid peanuts................. Rotfl Laughter-68

(19-12-2022, 06:09 PM)debono Wrote:  The cleaners here are paid peanuts................. Rotfl Laughter-68

Former NKF CEO was paid "peanuts "  also!  Rotfl

(19-12-2022, 06:32 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Former NKF CEO was paid "peanuts "  also!  Rotfl

At a salary of $25K per month is peanuts..........? Rotfl Laughing nudie Gesti-109

Elderly in Spore can do what? I read from other forum
1. Cleaner, sweep, mop floor, wash toilet, schools, hotel kitchen etc etc
2. Collect plates but this is now being cut down due to return tray policies
3. Security guard

My father siblings is now doing 1 and 3. Their feedback is 3 is more layback then 1 but need to do shift work so can be tiring on old elderly. 1 will depend on what kind of cleaning becuz it covers a very wide industries
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(19-12-2022, 06:42 PM)sgh Wrote:  Elderly in Spore can do what? I read from other forum
3. Security guard

My father siblings is now doing 1 and 3. Their feedback is 3 is more layback then 1 but need to do shift work so can be tiring on old elderly. 1 will depend on what kind of cleaning becuz it covers a very wide industries

Security guard is not easy now a days " depend that security company , how they tender " etc.

Condo security guard some not just do a walk around see see look look , check visitors

Also need to go attend " estate maintenance problems , if resident complain anywhere leak etc , they need to go see , record down later report to the officer in charge the estate. I don't know this is what I heard from ex estate management staff used to work the condo.

(19-12-2022, 06:46 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Security guard is not easy now a days " depend that security company , how they tender " etc.

Condo security guard some not just do a walk around see see look look , check visitors

Also need to go attend " estate maintenance problems , if resident complain anywhere leak etc , they need to go see , record down later report to the officer in charge the estate. I don't know this is what I heard from ex estate management staff used to work the condo.

So just like cleaning is a wide spectrum, security guard also. My uncle is doing those ulu ulu factories security guard not those condo one. He told me at night no one as the factory are not those run 24 hrs kind so very relax but probe further got those good fren or not he keep quiet. But he say he feed a few stray dogs there as companion.

(19-12-2022, 06:42 PM)sgh Wrote:  Elderly in Spore can do what? I read from other forum
3. Security guard

Once you are middle-age, PAP will make you jobless

When you are old, PAP will make you work in the Top 30 Lousy Jobs

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(19-12-2022, 06:39 PM)debono Wrote:  At a salary of $25K per month is peanuts..........? Rotfl Laughing nudie Gesti-109

https://sgforums.com/forums/8/topics/142103/

(19-12-2022, 06:32 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Former NKF CEO was paid "peanuts "  also!  Rotfl

He is doing very well now.  He stays in rented but atas premises and is a distributor of expensive products that rich tai tai rikes Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(19-12-2022, 12:40 PM)forum456 Wrote:  the only way to help them is to vote for opposition so that PAP will lose another GRC.
My wish that they don’t just lost 1 GRC, shd be at least 2 GRCs.