Review to be carried out on Ridout Road properties

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/r...ies-pm-lee

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...am-3508181
[+] 2 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Can show today lunch ?

Smile

Kudos! Seems similar to FAS’s “independent panel” (which recently appointed a review committee due to its terrible showings and utter humiliation) Big Grin

Go check out the FAS panel composition Devil

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sport/si...ns-3502886
Pengz  Tounge Tounge

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

Will it like KOM cases after review or coming out with cover up
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

Anyone wanna make a guess how much they bid for the rental of the bungalow? This info should be made available soon in next parliament sitting. I make a guess 10k per month which will be 120k per year? Is it low or high? Sorry me just today a bit kpo mode on.

(23-05-2023, 05:39 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Can show today lunch ?

Smile already posted
https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Just-now-I-eat-this--88412

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/footb...with-panel
FAS announced that a panel has been formed to review the Young Lions' performance at the SEA Games in Cambodia. ST PHOTO: DESMOND FOO

SINGAPORE – Already weary from the national Under-22s’ disastrous showing at the SEA Games and the subsequent backlash, the football fraternity was hit by another issue over the weekend.

On Saturday, Football Association of Singapore (FAS) acting president Bernard Tan announced that a panel has been formed to review the Young Lions’ performance at the recently concluded Games in Cambodia.

He said the panel comprising former national coach Jita Singh, FAS vice-president Razali Saad and council members Lim Tong Hai and Harman Ali will be given four weeks to conduct the review. Their report will then be discussed in-house for two weeks, after which recommendations will be released publicly.

Tan also noted that the Young Lions will not participate in any international tournaments until the completion of the review, the implementation of the findings and when the authorities assess the team to be at a competitive level.

These developments have raised eyebrows and questions.

Firstly, Tan did not address how the panel was selected, as well as why it is largely made up of FAS council members. Despite pledging earlier that FAS “has always been open to engagement with stakeholders” and that “tough questions will be asked... and we will do this openly”, it remains to be seen if this was the case.

The only man among the quartet who is not from the FAS is Singh, a decorated coach. But the veteran’s success was in the 1980s when he led the Lions to the 1980 Malaysia Cup and SEA Games silver medals in 1983 and 1989 with senior teams.

After various postings, he returned to join the FAS in 2007 as head of grassroots development, and until 2014 oversaw other areas such as the now-defunct National Football Academy as well as club and junior centres of excellence.

In the past 15 years, Singapore football has seen a sharp decline. If the FAS truly wanted an independent critical analysis, there are sufficient internal and external options.

Why is its technical director Michael Browne not part of the panel?

What about the likes of former Malaysia technical director and current Balestier Khalsa coach Peter de Roo, as well as home heroes and youth football experts who have gone through or worked in the system such as Kadir Yahaya, R. Sasikumar and Hariss Harun?

In The Straits Times’ analysis of what could be done to salvage the situation, most of the observers suggested getting the right people for the right job.

After parachuting in Philippe Aw to coach the Young Lions and then giving him “time off” after the dreadful SEA Games campaign, it seems like the FAS has got off on the wrong foot again with the composition of its review panel.

The announcement of the Young Lions’ international competition suspension is equally baffling.

By Tan’s estimate, it would not take more than two months before the review recommendations are shared with the public. On a side note, we are still waiting for the review findings of the senior team’s Asean Football Federation Championship campaign that ended in early January.

This means these could be revealed in July, before the earliest international assignments for the Young Lions – the Under-23 Asian Cup qualifiers and Asian Games from September to October – kick off.

If they are allowed to play, the suspension would be moot as there are no tournaments during that period. If they are not, then the FAS would appear to be punishing the team.

The national sports association could also be accused of not being a team player in the larger picture.

In a nod to national football project Unleash the Roar! (UTR), the Singapore National Olympic Council had approved the Young Lions’ selection for the upcoming Asian Games after excluding them from the 2018 edition as they had not met the sixth-placed benchmark from the previous Asiad.

Their selection is a show of solidarity to convince various stakeholders, especially aspiring footballers and their parents, that there is support from the authorities who are aligned with UTR and that football is a career worth pursuing.

The suspension not only leaves the Under-23 Asian Cup qualifiers and Asian Games participation hanging in the balance, but also undermines the work that FAS has done in identifying young talent for the various national age group teams.

Singapore football is hurting and rather than divide the fraternity with such decisions, the FAS and Tan must listen to its stakeholders and move forward together.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(23-05-2023, 05:44 PM)sgh Wrote:  Anyone wanna make a guess how much they bid for the rental of the bungalow? This info should be made available soon in next parliament sitting. I make a guess 10k per month which will be 120k per year? Is it low or high? Sorry me just today a bit kpo mode on.

I Highly doubt SLA will " opening show the amount bid " Is already no brainer SURELY is a lot money involve. That Mansion is BIGGER than Seng Song boss big landed house somemore.

Indirectly already show how Rich our Ministers are hmmm

I Want to heard from PAP side does it really so call " will not due to conflict of interest ? "

Partly one of them is current Minister for Law and Happen SLA parent agency is Ministry of Law
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Land_Authority
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

dun be surprise if someone says "let's move on" and case closed!
[+] 2 users Like Jinwului's post

(23-05-2023, 05:46 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I Highly doubt SLA will " opening show the amount bid "  Is already no brainer SURELY is a lot money involve. That Mansion is BIGGER than Seng Song boss big landed house somemore.

Indirectly already show how Rich our Ministers are hmmm

I Want to heard from PAP side does it really so call " will not due to conflict of interest ? "

Partly one of them is current Minister for Law and Happen SLA parent agency is Ministry of Law
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Land_Authority

If it is a bidding process then it can be revealed isn't it? Just like COE bidding result will be made known to public. Furthermore in the article the 2 dua liap bid via an agent and bid above "guide rent" Wonder how much is the guide rent and the final amount they bid. The next parliament sitting will be interesting to watch. And the 2 dua liap also requested for an independent review besides those that the PM called for. It seem they got nothing to hide and they follow all due process accordingly. Hmmm..... nice topic for kopitiam retired uncles and aunties haha

(23-05-2023, 05:52 PM)sgh Wrote:  If it is a bidding process then it can be revealed isn't it? Just like COE bidding result will be made known to public. Furthermore in the article the 2 dua liap bid via an agent and bid above "guide rent" Wonder how much is the guide rent and the final amount they bid. The next parliament sitting will be interesting to watch. And the 2 dua liap also requested for an independent review besides those that the PM called for. It seem they got nothing to hide and they follow all due process accordingly. Hmmm..... nice topic for kopitiam retired uncles and aunties haha

is always a JOKE so call " independent review " How many times it already show you? You forget ? LKY house saga , than Social Media , PMFOA stuffs blah blah "
[+] 3 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(23-05-2023, 05:44 PM)sgh Wrote:  Anyone wanna make a guess how much they bid for the rental of the bungalow? This info should be made available soon in next parliament sitting. I make a guess 10k per month which will be 120k per year? Is it low or high? Sorry me just today a bit kpo mode on.

Why all the wayang. Just release the rental price once public see that price is reasonable and based on market everything will just settle

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Karma.

(23-05-2023, 05:44 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile already posted
https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Just-now-I-eat-this--88412

Copy from who?

Smile

(23-05-2023, 06:02 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Why all the wayang. Just release the rental price once public see that price is reasonable and based on market everything will just settle

SLA say all these info will be made known in the upcoming parliament sitting so we just wait and see show. How much you guess they rent for each month har? I guess 10k per month. Too high or too low?

(23-05-2023, 05:54 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  is always a JOKE so call " independent review " How many times it already show you? You forget ? LKY house saga , than Social Media , PMFOA stuffs blah blah "

If Opposition puts in half of their committee in 

then it is Independent Review

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

Again, pap review pap.

Alamak, review by Ah Teo? What is this? Should be COI with independent non political members.

Wayang starts

Ownself review ownself
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

And FAS members review FAS Laughing

ownself review ownself again?
[+] 2 users Like zheng's post

(23-05-2023, 06:09 PM)Ola Wrote:  If Opposition puts in half of their committee in 

then it is Independent Review
Exactly, ownself review ownself called INDEPENDENT review ah?
TCH from a different party ah?
How many families can stay in a property that size? 5 expatriate families ? 10 families?  How much rental can a land of that size fetch? 
maybe can televise a tour of the premises lah and let the people decide whether there is INTEGRITY and FAIRNESS.
Independent review indeed
[+] 1 user Likes Truebluesg's post

Make the tenancy agreements public.

Furthermore, what further "improvements" have been made presumably by SLA on the properties after the they were rented.

Understand that a swimming pool and cover garage were added. crying

(23-05-2023, 06:33 PM)SGSeniorCitizen1952 Wrote:  Make the tenancy agreements public.

Furthermore, what further "improvements" have been made presumably by SLA on the properties after the they were rented.

Understand that a swimming pool and cover garage were added. crying

In that case it is only fair that SLA does that for ALL its tenants Laughing

They should resign
to save public fund for reviewing.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

after review, they found the minister's pay is too low and they need to increase the minister's pay.

how ?

6 years no one rent the bungalow
So should be no bid n rent won’t be that high
Agak around $20k monthly

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

Appoint PWC to do the review

Call Commission of inquiry

Since SLA reported both Sr MPs paid above reserved price then, simply show the prices they have paid Vs Reserved price.

Why still needs wasting time to  review ?

Unless something is very wrong.

Now, everyone partake playing Snakes and ladders

Stop Wasting time

(23-05-2023, 05:37 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/r...ies-pm-lee

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...am-3508181

if PM Lee needs facts or reports from govt agencies, it means he was not aware or informed about the rental.
he asked minister Teo to review, it also means Mr Teo is not aware because Mr Teo cannot review if he is aware.

who is the senior minister who approved the rental ? Tharman ? Heng Swee Kiat ?
if no senior minister approved the rental, can the minister ownself approved the rental in his ministry ?

look like there is no counter check on minister who wants to borrow/buy/rent state resources in his ministry.
this is a loophole in a monopoly govt where the minister can approve ownself in his ministry ?
[+] 3 users Like forum456's post