Ringgit exchange rate influenced by US interest rates: Tengku Zafrul

He said the US Federal Reserve’s (US Fed) announcement on Wednesday, which raised the benchmark lending rate by 0.75 percentage points, has elevated the lending rate in the world’s largest economy to four per cent compared with Malaysia’s current level of 2.5 per cent.

"So, the ringgit rate and all of this will depend on the economic fundamentals and interest rates prevailing in the US,” he told reporters after officiating the Karnival Kerjaya Jamin Kerja Keluarga Malaysia Kuala Selangor 2022 here today.

Nevertheless, he said the overnight policy rate (OPR) is an independent decision by Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM).

https://www.thestar.com.my/business/busi...l#cxrecs_s

Interesting topics

Either Interest Rate rises in proportion or Currency Weaken.

US corporation Dola int affect everyone not that there is a shortage
eurodola market can create Dola any amt they wish but fail to do so
more study needed.
Singapore is a case study
[Image: Screenshot-2022-11-04-at-09-40-38-DXY-U-...-Watch.png]

SGD strengthed

[Image: Screenshot-2022-11-04-at-09-41-41-gold-1...pixels.png]

US corporation Dola is a Bank note

(04-11-2022, 07:50 AM)LupCheong Wrote:  Interesting topics

Malaysia has a total of 222 parliamentary seats up for grabs. A minimum of 112 seats is needed to clinch a simple majority to form a new government.

Observers are expecting an intense contest for the crucial Malay votes in rural and urban seats, as this is likely to be decisive in determining who forms the next government.

Nearly 60 per cent of the 222 parliamentary seats have Malay-Muslims as their majority demographic.

Dr Saravanamuttu said the battles in some areas will be more intense and there are concerns that the ethic Malay vote will be split with the multi-cornered contests.

For urban areas, PH will have upper hand compared to PN and BN, said Dr Lau Zhe Wei, assistant professor at the International Islamic University Malaysia’s Department of Political Science.

(05-11-2022, 09:42 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  Malaysia has a total of 222 parliamentary seats up for grabs. A minimum of 112 seats is needed to clinch a simple majority to form a new government.

Observers are expecting an intense contest for the crucial Malay votes in rural and urban seats, as this is likely to be decisive in determining who forms the next government.

Nearly 60 per cent of the 222 parliamentary seats have Malay-Muslims as their majority demographic.

Dr Saravanamuttu said the battles in some areas will be more intense and there are concerns that the ethic Malay vote will be split with the multi-cornered contests.

For urban areas, PH will have upper hand compared to PN and BN, said Dr Lau Zhe Wei, assistant professor at the International Islamic University Malaysia’s Department of Political Science.

UMNO emphasises “a lot on party hierarchy”, said Dr Lau, adding that Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi and deputy president Mohamad Hasan are ahead of Mr Ismail Sabri in the party.

“According to UMNO's convention and practice, I do not see how the number three can continue to be the prime minister,” he added. “So in this coming election, although they promised (Mr Ismail Sabri) to be the prime minister candidate, I do not think this will be the way.

(05-11-2022, 09:46 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  UMNO emphasises “a lot on party hierarchy”, said Dr Lau, adding that Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi and deputy president Mohamad Hasan are ahead of Mr Ismail Sabri in the party.

“According to UMNO's convention and practice, I do not see how the number three can continue to be the prime minister,” he added. “So in this coming election, although they promised (Mr Ismail Sabri) to be the prime minister candidate, I do not think this will be the way.

“Who is going to be the prime minister, in my opinion, depends on how many seats BN manages to win.” 

Former Prime Minister and long-time Pagoh MP Muhyiddin Yassin, who is the PN chairman and Bersatu president, will face a fierce three-cornered fight to retain that seat in Johor. He will be up against Umno Supreme Council member Razali Ibrahim and PH’s Iskandar Shah.

Johor alone, 26 parliamentary seats are up for grabs, with BN looking to win big in the frontline state. But analysts are unsure if Johoreans would turn up to vote at the Nov 19 polls.

At the earlier Johor state election in March, about 50 per cent of eligible voters came out to vote, one of the lowest voter turnouts in history. This led to a two-thirds majority win by BN then.

But PN could pull a surprise there at the federal election.

“They were second in terms of the popular votes that they managed together (at the state election).

Who is not affected by Fed push to deleveraging.
Those that borrow in dollars face double whammy,
rate hike and currency depreciation.

To have to guard Shortist like Soros from raiding the market too.
Ironically ringgit most successful counter measure idea come from Dr Mah..

he salah already
its influenced by sinkii
going to money changer
n transferring of funds to pay
for pty.

learning from how Dr M stir shyt i guess