Rising cost of living forcing immigrants to leave Canada

好山好水好无聊
没车没屋没钱途

How can Canada, with its abundance of land, be an expensive country to live in? Is it any wonder that foreigners treat S'pore like an office, earn their money here, obtain PR or citizenship, then sell off their HDB flats or private housing before retiring early back to their homeland where the cost of living is a fraction of SG's hyperinflated prices for everything.

(14-12-2023, 06:08 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  How can Canada, with its abundance of land, be an expensive country to live in? Is it any wonder that foreigners treat S'pore like an office, earn their money here, obtain PR or citizenship, then sell off their HDB flats or private housing before retiring early back to their homeland where the cost of living is a fraction of SG's hyperinflated prices for everything.

Properties used to be cheap…but now after 20 years average property is 1.5 million in big cities…no job…high rental…high inflation & expensive living make people leave Canada…..even doctors can’t afford and move out of cities…Canada has vast land no use one as 95% of land is unloveable and freezing cold.

West Coast rains 9 months per year and East Coast is freezing cold with 4-5 month long winter, lots of snow and minus 30 degree

Lazy ppl, with big land and vast resources like our neighbours. But those who live near us border can drive south to get cheaper groceries and stuff

(14-12-2023, 06:12 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Properties used to be cheap…but now after 20 years average property is 1.5 million in big cities…no job…high rental…high inflation & expensive living make people leave Canada…..even doctors can’t afford and move out of cities…Canada has vast land no use one as 95% of land is unloveable and freezing cold.

West Coast rains 9 months per year and East Coast is freezing cold with 4-5 month long winter, lots of snow and minus 30 degree

toronto is in the east  but not sparsely populated
vancouver is on west coast one of the top 10lovable place in the world for many yrs

(14-12-2023, 06:44 PM)talky Wrote:  toronto is in the east  but not sparsely populated
vancouver is on west coast one of the top 10lovable place in the world for many yrs

Vancouver was voted one of the most liveable cities however not many jobs there and it rains 9 months per year due to the warm current going upwards from Mexico

When I first moved to a new country, affordability was a big concern for me too. But I found that connecting with a local builder was a game-changer. They helped me navigate the housing market and find a place that fit my budget. So, if you're in a similar situation, reaching out to builders could be a smart move.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in...ut%20rent).

Winnipeg used to be the first place for poorer immigrants to settle in. After some yrs the older folks would be stuck there while younger ones would move to other cities to look for jobs

Ask them come SG then they will love Canada.