Role of President important in bringing people together

Role of President important in bringing people together in a contested, uncertain environment: Tharman

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...082023_cna

Tharman should become the PM. In the next GE, I hope he will form an opposition party to take on PAP and win.
[+] 2 users Like Sticw's post

Yes the role is to bring the people together to fark the PAP

(20-08-2023, 08:30 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  Yes the role is to bring the people together to fark the PAP
PAP are also Singapore people. 
We are one but with different views. 
Important to find a balance 
There is no perfection.
[+] 2 users Like Migrant's post

(20-08-2023, 09:21 AM)Migrant Wrote:  PAP are also Singapore people. 
We are one but with different views. 
Important to find a balance 
There is no perfection.
Agreed. More importantly the PAP is but paid to do a job. The people voted and gave them mandate. So actually F...k the people lah. 

It has become murky what this country stands for. Who is serving who. I love this country but these days I dotdare to use the term 'my country' cos more and more it feels like Sg Inc and the commoners are forgotten...
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

I think the role of President is seriously misunderstood by many people. The role is like a chief diplomat who represents SG overseas. Holding the second key is only a small role. The president is not supposed to act like an opposition party. Why would people want to vote a clown who post weird boomer stuff on FB?
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

Thank please vote for TKL. So that can get 1.5m pa to recoup loss from investment and show off his jb property. To continue 嘴炮 in isatana and to pap gov

(20-08-2023, 11:23 AM)starbugs Wrote:  I think the role of President is seriously misunderstood by many people. The role is like a chief diplomat who represents SG overseas. Holding the second key is only a small role. The president is not supposed to act like an opposition party. Why would people want to vote a clown who post weird boomer stuff on FB?

That's why merlion should be our president.

Who else represent sinkie land better than merlion.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

(20-08-2023, 11:50 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  That's why merlion should be our president.

Who else represent sinkie land better than merlion.
Thank please vote for TKL. So that can get 1.5m pa to recoup loss from investment and show off his jb property. To continue 嘴炮 in isatana and to pap gov

Whether the president is independent or not is secondary in my opinion. What is important is, he must be able to work with the govt especially so in times of crisis. He must not have hate towards the current govt. Definitely don't want a president to come in with the sole purpose of just trying to make things difficult for current govt.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(20-08-2023, 11:54 AM)winbig Wrote:  Whether the president is independent or not is secondary in my opinion. What is important is, he must be able to work with the govt especially so in times of crisis. He must not have hate towards the current govt. Definitely don't want a president to come in with the sole purpose of just trying to make things difficult for current govt.

Since the president is not a very impt role and with limited power, then just vote TKL. Let Tharman do the more impt job like pm by forming a new oppo party for next GE.
[+] 1 user Likes Instinct's post

There is no way he can do it

Unless he sack PM Lee and remove the 10 Cabinet Ministers

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(20-08-2023, 11:58 AM)Ola Wrote:  There is no way he can do it

Unless he sack PM Lee and remove the 10 Cabinet Ministers

Thank please vote for TKL. So that can get 1.5m pa to recoup loss from investment and show off his jb property. To continue 嘴炮 in isatana and to pap gov

(20-08-2023, 11:54 AM)winbig Wrote:  Whether the president is independent or not is secondary in my opinion. What is important is, he must be able to work with the govt especially so in times of crisis. He must not have hate towards the current govt. Definitely don't want a president to come in with the sole purpose of just trying to make things difficult for current govt.

Then why have Elected President? Might as well be selected like previously. Only do cereomonisl duties and sign blank cheques.

Obviously LKY has his concerns and they are valid. That's why we have EP.

EP must be totally independent of the establishment. Otherwise it is again pap check pap. And see how ownself check ownself alone has led us to?

I will vote the most independent candidate for EP, not a puppet president.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(20-08-2023, 12:10 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Then why have Elected President? Might as well be selected like previously. Only do cereomonisl duties and sign blank cheques.

Obviously LKY has his concerns and they are valid. That's why we have EP.

EP must be totally independent of the establishment.  Otherwise it is again pap check pap. And see how ownself check ownself alone has led us to?

I will vote the most independent candidate for EP, not a puppet president.

Thank please vote for TKL. So that can get 1.5m pa to recoup loss from investment and show off his jb property. To continue 嘴炮 in isatana and to pap gov

(20-08-2023, 11:23 AM)starbugs Wrote:  I think the role of President is seriously misunderstood by many people. The role is like a chief diplomat who represents SG overseas. Holding the second key is only a small role. The president is not supposed to act like an opposition party. Why would people want to vote a clown who post weird boomer stuff on FB?

Looks you are the one who seriously misunderstood the role of EP.

This is EP, not SP.

Many are brainwashed by MSM, ho ching, Tharman, etc, to think like you. This is sad. Such thinking is not what LKY wanted when he intro EP.
[+] 2 users Like RichDad's post

(20-08-2023, 12:15 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Looks you are the one who seriously misunderstood the role of EP.

This is EP,  not SP.

Many are brainwashed by MSM, ho ching, Tharman,  etc, to think like you.  This is sad. Such thinking is not what LKY wanted when he intro EP.

[Image: IMG-20230820-121622.jpg]

Role of President important in bringing 𝙥𝙖𝙥 together in a contested, uncertain environment

certainly not from an ex pap member

pap good at tearing the people apart
[+] 1 user Likes KILLjoy's post

(20-08-2023, 08:12 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Role of President important in bringing people together in a contested, uncertain environment: Tharman

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...082023_cna

Talk only. So far which president has done that. None
[+] 1 user Likes Instinct's post

[Image: IMG-20230820-124346.jpg]

(20-08-2023, 12:45 PM)Instinct Wrote:  Talk only. So far which president has done that. None

[Image: IMG-20230820-124620.jpg]

poems about being blind

This Govt is hilarious. Once hand they made several attempts to divide this country and hire a PM as handiplast over it.
[+] 2 users Like Wy:Nox's post

Is Ng Kok Song more honorable and upright than the Chief Justice?
Why the Chief Justice unable to qualify to run?
[+] 1 user Likes Dan's post

(20-08-2023, 11:51 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  
You want to vote for TKL, please go ahead...

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

He is dreaming and hallucinating

Sinkiepoor is not ready for an Indian President and CECA is the proof

Full Stop
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

(20-08-2023, 08:58 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  He is dreaming and hallucinating

Sinkiepoor is not ready for an Indian President and CECA is the proof

Full Stop

Right message to send. We only want him to be PM for the next 5-10 years and after that handover to LW.

(20-08-2023, 12:59 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  This Govt is hilarious. Once hand they made several attempts to divide this country and hire a PM as handiplast over it.

Can a demon be god? Not at all. They are just trying to wear sheep clothings.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

(20-08-2023, 02:13 PM)Dan Wrote:  Is Ng Kok Song more honorable and upright than the Chief Justice?
Why the Chief Justice unable to qualify to run?

Chief Justice is auto qualified like minister lah.

Public sector service requirement:
To fulfil the public sector service requirement, a person must have:

Held office as Minister, Chief Justice, Speaker, Attorney Attorney-General, Chairman of the Public Service Commission, Auditor-General, Accountant-General or Permanent Secretary for at least 3 years; or
Served as the chief executive of a key statutory board or government company, such as the Housing Development Board or GIC Private Limited, for at least 3 years.

(20-08-2023, 09:23 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Chief Justice is auto qualified like minister lah.

Public sector service requirement:
To fulfil the public sector service requirement, a person must have:

Held office as Minister, Chief Justice, Speaker, Attorney Attorney-General, Chairman of the Public Service Commission, Auditor-General, Accountant-General or Permanent Secretary for at least 3 years; or
Served as the chief executive of a key statutory board or government company, such as the Housing Development Board or GIC Private Limited, for at least 3 years.

Thanks for the info.
[+] 1 user Likes Dan's post