Runner Soh Rui Yong loses defamation suit, ordered to pay Ashley Liew S$180,000

Lydia Lam

23 Sep 2021 11:54AM
(Updated: 23 Sep 2021 11:54AM)

Of this amount, S$60,000 is in aggravated damages due to factors including Soh's conduct and role in publicising the dispute, District Judge Lee Li Choon said in a judgment dated Wednesday (Sep 22).

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...es-2196356

Ths guy kena sued is same guy who run 2.4km in under 7min?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(23-09-2021, 01:32 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Ths guy kena sued is same guy who run 2.4km in under 7min?

Yes.

Defamation cases are costly.

Even if he runs 2400km, he won't earn back $180,000.

He's just gonna to suffer all his life with that loose mouth.

Quote:We took quite a while to catch up to him (at least 7 minutes), he certainly did not stop or slow down to wait for us whatsoever; I didn't say anything about this three years ago because I figured a team-mate of mine just had a bad race and needed something to feel better about his performance. But this fictional version of events that transpired that day... While making a good story, it is simply not true, and I think it's time to stop living in imagination," Soh wrote.

The fact he caught up means the other runner was slower.

Whether he intentionally slowed or unintentionally slowed on the runner himself will know...but other observers corroborated.

It is rather unethical to attack one's team mate on something you cannot know for sure and would ruin someone else's reputation.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Can do online donation like the Terry Online citizen

can sleep well tonight  Gesti-109

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin