Pelosi’s Taiwan trip could have significant consequences for global economy

US and China threaten to accelerate decoupling of world’s two biggest economies

https://www.theguardian.com/business/202...y-us-china

China reaction to Pelosi visit is the cause should there be problems.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

One China policy is now broken.
The jap once used Taiwan as the unsinkable aircraft carrier during ww2 ferrying men supplies and weapons without
Japan would has a hard time against China.
Japoni blackhole might need to sell USTs
China now treated USTs as risk assets
let see how these play out
while the witch was airbone USD/yen went as low as 130 now 134
as China 'lose'. Taiwan as aircraft carrier falls into the Americans and the Japanese
China has many many islands to use now.

The most immediate economy effect that Taiwan gets basically are their trade with China.

With China stopping or banned importing seafoods and fruits has already cost Taiwan US$26 millions losses.

I guess America will help? Since Pelosi has committed to increase the America tradings with Taiwan. But the shipping cost will end up absorbed by Taiwanese.

(04-08-2022, 08:01 AM)kangtangman Wrote:  The most immediate economy effect that Taiwan gets basically are their trade with China.

With China stopping or banned importing seafoods and fruits has already cost Taiwan US$26 millions losses.

I guess America will help? Since Pelosi has committed to increase the America tradings with Taiwan. But the shipping cost will end up absorbed by Taiwanese.

This is no choice, China govt needs to answer to its ppl.
The enemy is US not ROC ppl. This idea must be very clear.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(04-08-2022, 08:07 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  This is no choice, China govt needs to answer to its ppl.
The enemy is US not ROC ppl. This idea must be very clear.

Absolutely correct. With this economy sanctions and the Chinese military exercise, Taiwan has already cancelled 40 over international flights today. 

Worse of all, previously China has recognised and respect the Taiwan strait as the international water but with this military exercise the international water is now shifted to the eastern seaboard. This means that Taiwan is within China and she is part of China province. 

European countries has also commented that Pelosi visit has destabilise both the China & Taiwan situations.

(04-08-2022, 07:34 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  China reaction to Pelosi visit is the cause should there be problems.

Reaction how can be cause? It is effect. The cause is aunty Nancy's provocative visit to Taiwan. Even Trump n sleepy joe were not in favour of it.

If she respects the 1 China agreement, then why go there on gahmen plane?

Maybe she wants to be a heroine before retiring. Like JFK's stunt in the Cuba missile crisis... call Khrushchev bluff.
[+] 2 users Like RichDad's post

(04-08-2022, 07:34 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  China reaction to Pelosi visit is the cause should there be problems.

Pelosi is the cause of ALL troubles!

She went against Biden's instructions not to go. Biden totally lost control of his staffs. A very weak leader. Thrump will capitalise on this.
[+] 1 user Likes mikotan's post