G's failure to provide “accountability-adverse stance” towards COVID-19

Tongue  
Lim Jialiang: Government’s failure to provide “accountability-adverse stance” towards COVID-19 makes it hard for public to accept multiple lockdowns imposed

by The Online Citizen 22/07/2021in Current AffairsReading Time: 6 mins read

“The problem with the Singapore government and the Multi-task Force, is not, as Bloomberg and foreign press charge, their risk-adverse stance towards COVID-19. It’s their accountability-adverse stance towards it that makes it difficult for people to buy in to the succeeding waves of lockdowns that we now face,” the regular social commentator said.

Just two days ago (20 July), the Multi-Ministry Taskforce (MTF) announced that it will rollback the country’s control measures to Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) due to the growing number of COVID-19 community cases.  Sad

I am not a big fan of the PAP govt but I find much of the criticism dine on hindsight.

In a fast changing crisis there is a lot uncertainty and one has to handle risks that cab come out against decisions made.

The govt can just get ride of the spread by ordering lockdown...but that would be a thoughtless thing that undermine quality of life and kill economy.

So the govt takels some risks to allow some activities if things get worse learn and tighten.

Having said the above.the KTV was a clear mistake.they should have known better. Its not hindsight but failure to understand the nature of such business. The money is just too good to pass up...and they should have learnt from the S Korean night club incident.

Mistakes will be made. I really fault hem only if they don't learn from it.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Ding dong and roti ptata decisions dont make business sense.

KTV should not be allowed to operate even if it changes to F&B.
Experience will tell you they will find all sorts of loopholes including bf/gf to visiting FTrs

Fake degrees and fake CVs is another loophole