Recent Political Scandals Prove Singapore Isn’t Picture-Perfect, But This

✍🏻 OPINION: Recent Political Scandals Prove Singapore Isn’t Picture-Perfect, But This Isn’t A Bad Thing

Our writer thinks that maintaining a picture-perfect façade isn't sustainable for Singapore. Despite the recent scandals, we handled them well, and are still doing comparatively better than many other countries.

👉 https://tsl.to/singaporescandals

@mustsharenews

Already said there is no perfect Govn.
[+] 2 users Like Migrant's post

No humans are perfect. Even if they are excessively paid and provided years of training. What irks me is that they keep on portraying a perfect picture by checking themselves.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 
[+] 1 user Likes Symmetry's post

Show also nothing is perfect...
[+] 1 user Likes FangFang's post

They are paid with highest salary with so many Ministers, yet many lapses. If cannot be perfect after more than a decade, then the leader should answer.
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

(23-07-2023, 08:43 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  They are paid with highest salary with so many Ministers, yet many lapses. If cannot be perfect after more than a decade, then the leader should answer.

Based on your stupid argument, LKY should have resigned the day TCW committed suicide, LTK also when Yaw Shin Leong ran away, and needless to say, your Singh... Rolleyes

(22-07-2023, 06:23 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Already said there is no perfect Govn.

You allow them to make mistake? Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(22-07-2023, 06:47 PM)Symmetry Wrote:  No humans are perfect. Even if they are excessively paid and provided years of training. What irks me is that they keep on portraying a perfect picture by checking themselves.

Every candidate, every political party does the same thing.  They want your vote, and will project themselves as saints.  It's like going for a job interview.  Would you tell the interview you have a bad temper, that you are active in forums and troll a lot, are a racist and have whatever undesirable qualities?

It's up to voters to be mature enough to know they are not voting for angels, and plus and minus, do they think this candidate is better than the other one.  If you had voted thinking that so and so is perfect, then the problem is not the candidate but you. You need to grow up....

(23-07-2023, 08:58 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  You allow them to make mistake? Rotfl

I would allow them to make mistakes but not break the COC or be corrupt.  I would even allow the oppie MPs to make mistakes to be fair.