Russian soldier: Putin threw us into war with no training like dogs

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18463955/p...ticle=true

One of the flats had a fridge full of food so he stayed. But after three days he saw a Ukrainian patrol and decided to hand himself in.

He said: “I went downstairs and I walked very slowly with my hands up. I was thinking, ‘If there is a sniper then it’s over’.

“I heard a shout to stop and I knelt down on the floor, very slowly. They ordered me to lie down and asked me questions about who I was and where I had come from.

“Then they called another unit and I was taken away. First to one place, then to here.”

Vadim joined the army six years ago for the money. He earned around £650 a month.

He was training as a mechanic and planned to get his HGV licence so he could become a long-distance lorry driver after leaving the forces.

Vadim said: “Now I’ve got two options. Either I am in jail here or I will be in jail in Russia because of what I have said about the Russian army.

“A lot of people think it is the second army in the world, but we have nothing. We have no training, we have no equipment and it is a crime to say that in Russia.”