S$30,000 for a bicycle? Why some cyclists pay big bucks for their two-wheelers

The Big Read in short: S$30,000 for a bicycle? Why some cyclists pay big bucks for their two-wheelers

Avid cyclist Tiffany Lau, 27, noted that while a “cheap bike” can still go far, “a lot of times we often go for brands and designs that we like”. This is akin to how other people might splurge on branded bags or watches because they like them, she added.

🚴🏻‍♂️ https://tdy.sg/3VMlBzm

@todayonlinesg

I misread the title of this thread initially. I thought it was "Why a crooked ruling party politician refused to pay anything for his Brompton 2-wheeler bike?"

Concept is same why buy iPhone when Android phone also can make phone calls and text etc

Why pay so much for Under Armour when Uncle Martian has almost identical products that are far cheaper?

[Image: Uncle_Martian_Under_Armour_tweet.png]

Same as why pay so much for fair skin atb when fair skin vietbu also can just maybe language barrier. But some acts no need speak just use fingers and hand gesture to communicate is well known internationally.

Brand=status?
The concept that western brands are always better still rules but ebbing.
Why pay thousands for a handbag when Charles and Keith is just as good?
This one, Ho Chin got wisdom.

(07-04-2024, 01:45 PM)sgh Wrote:  Same as why pay so much for fair skin atb when fair skin vietbu also can just maybe language barrier. But some acts no need speak just use fingers and hand gesture to communicate is well known internationally.

Both also ok for me!

Ignore List: Oyk