S'pore man, 25, charged for allegedly scamming $400,000 from 500 victims on Carousell

Belmont Lay |  October 19, 2021, 10:40 AM

A 25-year-old man will be charged in court for his suspected involvement in e-commerce scams.

Preliminary investigations showed the suspect is believed to have scammed more than 500 victims out of more than S$400,000.

The items included gaming chairs, gaming consoles, and electronic lifestyle products, which were offered at discounted prices on e-commerce platform Carousell.

https://mothership.sg/2021/10/big-scam-c...ke-seller/

Unfortunately for him if he's found guilty he will be in deep trouble as this is sinkieland. In bolehland, just refund half or 10% of the loot he will be discharge just like the ketuanans ahmad maslan or thief najib razak's son as crime pays very well in bolehland.

Suspect sounds familiar, someone was actively into buying selling in carousal

Stupid man.
1 victim $5000 fine and/or 2 years jail
500 victims ? Thinking

The penalty for cheating in computer games under section 3 of the Computer Misuse Act is a fine of up to $5,000 and/or imprisonment for up to 2 years for a first offence.
https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law-art...n-mmorpgs/

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

I did lots of selling in Carousell without issues. I wil meet up buyer and closed transactions.

That's why so many especially seniors are still reluctant to transact onlines.

The authorities have to make it utterly safe to engender more confidence in online shopping.

When kena scammed one will be terribly dejected and frustrated.

(19-10-2021, 03:05 PM)hansamu Wrote:  That's why so many especially seniors are still reluctant to  transact onlines.

The authorities have to  make it utterly safe to engender more confidence in online shopping.

When kena scammed one will be terribly dejected and frustrated.

Yes, seniors may be easily scammed by buying things on-line.  The relevant authorities must give a heavy penalty for this crime to deter others who is trying do white collar crime. Angry

I never use Carousell. So many problems and so many scams.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Infact mostly cheated are not seniors.

I thought sellers have rating if no rating don’t bu from them simple as that.

how come i put items for sales in carousell but not even 1 item is sold.
where n what is wrong?

(19-10-2021, 06:48 PM)Cmpunk Wrote:  I thought sellers have rating if no rating don’t bu from them simple as that.

That is good suggestion... Clapping

(19-10-2021, 06:48 PM)Cmpunk Wrote:  I thought sellers have rating if no rating don’t bu from them simple as that.
Issit dependent on whomever authenticating the rating(s).

Clever man, next time try to stop sooner lah. lols