S'pore man claimed to have saved $100k on salary of $2K

I thought someone on this forum also saved alot from his low salary living on Maggie mee and tap water.

This guy monthly expenses is $632. Higher than some people here.

https://_bannedsite_full_of_defamatory_c...singapore/

Ideal calculation.. What if the person fall sick, or what if the person's next of kin fall sick..

Also, can image someone live in that manner for say 5-10 years??

If can, must be very solid determination..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(24-08-2021, 11:46 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Ideal calculation.. What if the person fall sick, or what if the person's next of kin fall sick..

Also, can image someone live in that manner for say 5-10 years??

If can, must be very solid determination..

It is possible. Maybe not 10yrs but 5yrs should be possible.

Looking at his expenditure....can cut down further.
For example $39 broadband and $30 phone bill can cut.if salary is $2K he should never eat out he should pack home cooked meals to work.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Unrealistic idiot

no housing loan. no children. no fix commitment (eg. giving parent, internet...etc). no year end holiday or get-a-way. no outing with friends.
I think easily develop mental issue and endi up saving goes to doctor and medicine in the later stage. lol

Live like a hermit

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

Life is to be enjoyed. Live so frugally in the end he will die with lots of regrets Laughing Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

Sure can do it if live with parents (no need to pay for housing or utilities) and no overseas holidays, but is this living?

(24-08-2021, 12:05 PM)wulala Wrote:  no housing loan. no children. no fix commitment (eg. giving parent, internet...etc). no year end holiday or get-a-way. no outing with friends.
I think easily develop mental issue and endi up saving goes to doctor and medicine in the later stage. lol

I think it is person with family to support housing debt to pay upand parents to support is more.likely get stressed and develop mental illness.

(24-08-2021, 12:14 PM)BigBossX Wrote:  I think it is person with family to support housing debt to pay upand parents to support is more.likely get stressed and develop mental illness.

different stress. one is good stress where we build our grandpa story, the other is living in his own world without family without friends.

Working hard , savings n prudent investments r the keys to success..of course with heaven's blessings or luck lah...

I started with $500 ,a graduate as an impoverished kid ...fast forward, to retirement , i've everything i hope n dream of ...nothing more do i want except of course good health , safe n sound ..
Wat more in life when u have professional kids, grandkids , car , properties , club member,  enuf cash , annuities till death n doing monthly donation of several hundreds to world vision to help the world's impoverished kids