S'poreans : We want govt to solve high inflation, CDC $200 is useless

What is the use of one off $200 when cost of living rises so much.

The govt itself is fueling the inflation with planned hikes for water, stamps, mrt fares and all sorts of increases in taxes and charges like GST, COE ....

The $200 does not come close to patch the whole situation of runaway  cost of living. We expect the govt to lead to way to lower cost of living and not to be the one causing much of the inflation we are seeing.

Yesterday we saw reports that our population is again at all time highs as the govt imported more people....this has set off a rental hike spiral that reverberated to everything ...even kopi C at coffee shop jumped up by 15 to 20%

[Image: eJQoDmR.jpg]

Once the presidential election is over their intentions become clear.

When a govt is the cause of inflation problems the people will face hard tines ahead.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 4 users Like sgbuffett's post

70% support PAP on high inflation.

(30-09-2023, 10:35 AM)forum456 Wrote:  70% support PAP on high inflation.

Because they are so happy with the $200 CDC?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Increased of gst is the cause of inflation

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(30-09-2023, 10:16 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  What is the use of one off $200 when cost of living rises so much.

The govt itself is fueling the inflation with planned hikes for water, stamps, mrt fares and all sorts of increases in taxes and charges like GST, COE ....

The $200 does not come close to patch the whole situation of runaway  cost of living. We expect the govt to lead to way to lower cost of living and not to be the one causing much of the inflation we are seeing.

Yesterday we saw reports that our population is again at all time highs as the govt imported more people....this has set off a rental hike spiral that reverberated to everything ...even kopi C at coffee shop jumped up by 15 to 20%

When a govt is the cause of inflation problems the people will face hard tines ahead.

Yah, agreed. The CDC vouchers, GST vouchers are all gimmicks.

Give one chicken wing, take back 10 whole chickens. Same old, same old strategy....
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(30-09-2023, 10:38 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Increased of gst is the cause of inflation

Yes agree
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(30-09-2023, 10:38 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Increased of gst is the cause of inflation

wrong.
70% support gst.
70% is the cause of inflation

(30-09-2023, 10:38 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Because they are so happy with the $200 CDC?

70% believe singapore will collapse if PAP fails

$200 enough for my one week dinner ingredients for 3 only.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(30-09-2023, 10:56 AM)forum456 Wrote:  70% believe singapore will collapse if PAP fails

But pap make them believe so PAP is the cause of inflation

(30-09-2023, 10:53 AM)forum456 Wrote:  wrong.
70% support gst.
70% is the cause of inflation

in malaysia, no gst because 100% are against gst.

no 100% mean no gst.
no gst means no inflation.

Even 1000 also useless

We want long term solutions.
[+] 1 user Likes Bigbluedot's post

One day $1 plus not enough to buy a packet eggs.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(30-09-2023, 11:01 AM)RichDad Wrote:  But pap make them believe so PAP is the cause of inflation

70% have a choice to choose PAP/inflaton or opposition/no inflation.
70% choose inflation.

TKL made it very clear that he would fight inflation if he was elected.
Tharman made no promise to fight inflation.
but 70% still choose Tharman.

70% is the cause.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

PAP itself is a inflation manipulator. they are the source. vote them out.
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post

Those freaking price and gst increases are forever, for life.
The miserable $200 is only a one off thing. 

How to cope? Yet the authorities are always saying they will help Singaporeans?
[+] 2 users Like hansamu's post

they have shown their capability

they are the world highest paid politicians for nothing

please do not pressure them further

(30-09-2023, 10:16 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  What is the use of one off $200 when cost of living rises so much.

He being rich has his dreams. Moar FTs moar rent hikes. Tread gently on them.  Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

To increase the GDP, just increase essential goods and services, GST and taxes.

At the end ofthe day, the Gov can show on paper their surpluses.

No need brains and no need high ministars million dollar salaries.

(30-09-2023, 11:53 AM)KILLjoy Wrote:  they have shown their capability

they are the world highest paid politicians for nothing

please do not pressure them further

Do not pressure them....  Thumbs_up

That is correct.

"Pressurize"  is wrong.

SGD200 can buy alot of pineapples.

(30-09-2023, 11:49 AM)hansamu Wrote:  Those freaking price and gst increases are forever, for life.
The miserable $200 is only a one off thing. 

How to cope? Yet the authorities are always saying they will help Singaporeans?

Has your LOTO come up with a better policy?  Rolleyes

(30-09-2023, 12:01 PM)Obamao Wrote:  SGD200 can buy alot of pineapples.

You want to buy TKL banners? $10 a.piece. But for YOU, it's the whole lot for $199. Gib you $1 discount 

Collect at Forest City  Rolleyes

(30-09-2023, 12:02 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Has your LOTO come up with a better policy?  Rolleyes

Yes he asked to hold off the GST hikes.

(30-09-2023, 12:07 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Yes he asked to hold off the GST hikes.

GST is the cause of the high inflation?

Now I know why you refused to disclose your A level results. Your econs really cui lor.  Rolleyes

(30-09-2023, 12:00 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Thumbs_up
do not use tiktok
best use toktik
[Image: S4GOh.gif]

POWER!!!!

When oil, gst, transport, electricity, water & food prices rises. Everything has to follow to rise in tandem to cover business costs. Inflation will also go up.
[+] 1 user Likes Sline's post

[Image: photo-2023-09-30-12-28-48.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Obamao's post

The onus is on the incumbent authorities to solve the inflationary issues....they are paid indecently sky high salaries to think out of the box to tackle it !!!