S'poreans should.learn to lower expectations and be happy with what you have.

(08-02-2023, 06:46 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Animal farm?

Animal farm on steroids

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

This Govt is contradicting themselves. make sure our university education is cheap like Indonesia and stop making us work hard at work.

(08-02-2023, 11:01 AM)winbig Wrote:  If u think Malaysia is better then by all means migrate. So many jhk want to come Sg to dig gold lor.

They wake up at 4 am, while we are still tucked beneath our blankets dreaming sweet dreams.

Granted, we lack land and if we are going to compare with Malaysia (and Batam), we are going to be unhappy for all of our life for being born here.  No one, not even Pritam Singh, can do anything about our lack of natural resources, including land.

(08-02-2023, 07:01 PM)Oyk Wrote:  They wake up at 4 am, while we are still tucked beneath our blankets dreaming sweet dreams.

Granted, we lack land and if we are going to compare with Malaysia (and Batam), we are going to be unhappy for all of our life for being born here.  No one, not even Pritam Singh, can do anything about our lack of natural resources, including land.

If we lack land and space, why has the population grown through importation at the fastest rate per Capita in the world.

It's like a family complain flat is too small then go on to have 8 children ....then complain home is too crowded.

Consistent logic is missing.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(08-02-2023, 07:05 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If we lack land and space, why has the population grown through importation at the fastest rate per Capita in the world.

It's like a family complain flat is too small then go on to have 8 children ....then complain home is too crowded.

Consistent logic is missing.

We need commerce, and commerce needs manpower but people like you are still single at 40 yo, and fapping and watching prawn for your needs. Rotfl

(08-02-2023, 07:39 PM)Oyk Wrote:  We need commerce, and commerce needs manpower but people like you are still single at 40 yo, and fapping and watching prawn for your needs. Rotfl

You remind me low fertilitybis another long standing problem tye govt has not been able to solve.

(08-02-2023, 07:05 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If we lack land and space, why has the population grown through importation at the fastest rate per Capita in the world.

I think our "rate of importation" per capita is not fastest in the world.

Middle eastern countries like UAE, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain etc should be winning this race. Their citizens are outnumbered, some massively, by foreigners.

(08-02-2023, 07:54 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You remind me low fertilitybis another long standing problem tye govt has not been able to solve.

We have a low fertility rate, about less than 2,  young ones are not procreating, whether married or single........ crying

Then ask Ministers to learn to lower expectations and be happy with what they have a draw a much lower salary..

See how they will reply you..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 2 users Like ArielCasper's post

(08-02-2023, 08:18 PM)Levin Wrote:  I think our "rate of importation" per capita is not fastest in the world.

Middle eastern countries like UAE, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain etc should be winning this race. Their citizens are outnumbered, some massively, by foreigners.

As our growth also slow, expectation will eventually lower gradually or abruptly. 

Sg being culture weak, many feel spiritually agony.

(08-02-2023, 10:59 AM)debono Wrote:  We will a chance very soon as the GE approaches...................... Big Grin

i won't hold my breath....

(08-02-2023, 09:45 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Cars and landed property are not attainable unlike people living in Malaysia but you should count yourself lucky for having food, roof over your head. 

If you compare our lives with those living in under developed countries we are so much better...don't always compare with Malaysia and make yourself angry.

[Image: pZOwdQx.jpg]

Happiness is state of mind and a choice. If you choose to be unhappy and whine why your friend in Malaysia can buy car and private freehold, when you are still waiting for your BTO and cant afford marriage and kids, you are choosing to be unhappy. You can choose not to be married and not to have children, why press for things to hard to attain in Singapore. When have children then complain that you struggle to support then. Why buy car then complain petrol expensive worse still drive to Malaysia to pump their petrol.. causing them to laugh at you.

I see.already I also laugh. Buy car cannot afford petrol....this is such an irony....

Today again I see another thread  again comparing Sjngapore with Malaysian again. This is yet another attempt to make ownself unhappy. Why not compare with Africa...why not compare with El Salvador

I agreed with you but very hard lah! Big Grin

We are screwed lah.  Rotfl
Chasing artificial growth.

If you are only thinking about yourself.
You are really hopeless.
We are social animals.
Helping each other is our instinct.
We will feel great after able to help someone in trouble within our means.

Solving problem must start from the root cause. Just like our blackhead in our nose. Some ppl will buy cleanser to clean up, some ppl will squeeze them. Some ppl will buy black head sticker/gel to pull them out. Do you think all these methods are effective?
I can tell you short term is effective but not long term.

不懂易经真糟糕!

Current team is just like the black head example. Can Sg keep doing massive import to solve aging population and TFR issues? Just think about it? It will definite hit the ceiling one day.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

人往高处看。。。。。

(09-02-2023, 06:35 AM)mrclubbie Wrote:  人往高处看。。。。。

高处不胜寒,你没听过吗?

道是说不清楚,说的清楚不是道。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(08-02-2023, 07:54 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You remind me low fertilitybis another long standing problem tye govt has not been able to solve.

It is a common social diseases in developed and affluent countries.

Singapore is not always a forerunner of things, all things.  LKY Goh Keng Swee....they learned from other countries, and this is one area there is no successful precedent to learn from.

Maybe your RK can PS an solve it?   Rolleyes

the pap govt is right, don't expect everyone get $600K per yr as mayor.

(08-02-2023, 06:47 PM)dynamite Wrote:  The real problem is that the moral value in our country is very bad.

PAP gov thinks that using money solve problems is being compassionate, thus increase their moral values.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(08-02-2023, 01:30 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: TWqEzIb.jpg]

Foreseeable is car coe will continue to climb, and the gap between private and public properties will widen. So it's not a bad thing to keep one's expectations low

(08-02-2023, 08:18 PM)Levin Wrote:  I think our "rate of importation" per capita is not fastest in the world.

But their govt takes good care of their citizens. The ballooned foreigner figures doesn't matter since those foreigners are there to service the citizens.

In Sg the foreigners become the 2nd class citizen, elites are the 1st class. And commoners in Sg becomes the slave to satisfy the different classes of citizens in Sg.

Not the same. Not just looking at top numbers.