SCMP : Most powerful law in S'pore to be implemented enabling catch all opposing...

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-en...rence-bill
  • The Fica bill will allow authorities to demand user information from internet companies and target people deemed to be collaborating with foreign actors
  • Critics fear its broad language could be used to silence dissent but the government says it is not aimed at ‘criticisms’ but at ‘covert and clandestine activities’

(03-10-2021, 05:39 PM)BigBossX Wrote:  https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-en...rence-bill
  • The Fica bill will allow authorities to demand user information from internet companies and target people deemed to be collaborating with foreign actors
  • Critics fear its broad language could be used to silence dissent but the government says it is not aimed at ‘criticisms’ but at ‘covert and clandestine activities’

I think FICA bill is to silence dissent of govt.
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

(03-10-2021, 06:29 PM)Rubitin Wrote:  Drink copi session.

https://youtu.be/AUvgG8069ZA?t=2492

First step may be drink kopi, later may be kenna sue......

HK already has this similar foreign interference law since last year. Don't just point finger at us lah.

This law will make Sinkees to : no hear, no listen and no talk.

It will make sinkees like deaf people.

Laughing

(03-10-2021, 07:51 PM)Gstalk Wrote:  This law will make Sinkees to : no hear, no listen and no talk.

It will make sinkees like deaf people.

It will make sinkees deaf and mute..

(03-10-2021, 06:31 PM)debono Wrote:  First step may be drink kopi, later may be kenna sue......
This sueing has been the favorite weapon for a long time.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

(03-10-2021, 07:56 PM)surfer Wrote:  This sueing has been the favorite weapon for a long time.

The problem is the MIW never lose a court judgement.

Tey can criticise ppl but glass heart cannot take criticisms?

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

Quote:opposition have in recent days expressed alarm over the sweeping nature of these powers.

Of particular worry is that the PAP, with a long track record of being thin-skinned when it comes to dissent, could potentially abuse Fica by using the law against domestic opponents.

blardy law has no proper safeguard and can be used to fix opposition easily

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

how pap fixed opposition members ..when they feel power at risk.
i expect more such laws as opposition can win more seats due to bad pap policies..
there is alot at stake for system elites not just high pay but control power...

https://youtu.be/wqLklRUDIKM?start=1960s

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

so Bhavan Jaipragas collaborating with foreign actors?

(03-10-2021, 08:35 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  blardy law has no proper safeguard and can be used to fix opposition easily

It is specially designed to fix the opposition parties..

past abuses of power by the pap govt detention without trial followed by forced confession...these people were targetted once they went to help the WP JBJ election campaign...

watch to see how false accusations are made and abuse innocent go through...
https://youtu.be/eBJqJroWt3E?t=30s

(03-10-2021, 09:14 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  past abuses of power by the pap govt detention without trial followed by forced confession...these people were targetted once they went to help the WP JBJ election campaign...
https://youtu.be/eBJqJroWt3E?t=30s

The opposition parties must be on their toes, else the may be arrested under the of detention without court order...

(03-10-2021, 09:20 PM)debono Wrote:  The opposition parties must be on their toes, else the may be arrested under the of detention without court order...

when the time comes they can just take you..on your toes or not...
when they get you under ISD they can interrogate non stop until u confess...i believe te new law will be used with ISA once they dig data that you contact any foreigners e.g. friends the can accuse yo of being part of foreign interference..then used isd because they can now classify you as threat to national security.

this man was detained almost 20yrs because he refused to sign confession.

man was arespected doctor but critise pap he was imprisioned for speaking

(03-10-2021, 09:28 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  whenthe time comes they can just take you..on your toes or not...

That is a high probability...

Sgtalk will be in danger of being shut down. Better keep our mouth shut.

(03-10-2021, 05:44 PM)debono Wrote:  I think FICA bill is to silence dissent of govt.
Whatever isit....final say. By them n not the opposition.

(03-10-2021, 10:02 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Sgtalk will be in danger of being shut down. Better keep our mouth shut.
Say too much. Faster chance of closing down.

(03-10-2021, 08:54 PM)debono Wrote:  It is specially designed to fix the opposition parties..
Welcome to the continuous familee dynasty.

like that election U know who to choose , right!

(03-10-2021, 07:55 PM)debono Wrote:  It will make sinkees deaf and mute..
3rd booster shot coming....
[Image: IMG-20210927-WA0003.jpg]

(03-10-2021, 10:24 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  like that election U know who to choose , right!

The next generation Lee will be taking over from seat warmer.

(03-10-2021, 07:55 PM)debono Wrote:  It will make sinkees deaf and mute..
It will be slowly sinking Sinkees, just like Termasick.

(03-10-2021, 10:33 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  It will be slowly sinking Sinkees, just like Termasick.
Chanel news Asia on tv show how Singapor can be easily destroy by natural disaster.

(03-10-2021, 09:28 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  when the time comes they can just take you..on your toes or not...
when they get you under ISD they can interrogate non stop until u confess...i believe te new law will be used with ISA once they dig data that you contact any foreigners e.g. friends the can accuse yo of being part of foreign interference..then used isd because they can now classify you as threat to national security.

this man was detained almost 20yrs because he refused to sign confession.

man was arespected doctor but critise pap he was imprisioned for speaking
Interesting speech.

tomorrow will be a better day

PAP should fix Employment Pass criteria, rather than to accuse us of racism.

PAP should fix their journalist and news, rather than POFMA us for misinformation.

PAP should fix their policies, rather than FICA.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(04-10-2021, 02:51 PM)Ola Wrote:  PAP should fix Employment Pass criteria, rather than to accuse us of racism.

PAP should fix their journalist and news, rather than POFMA us for misinformation.

I concur with your suggestions......

(04-10-2021, 02:51 PM)Ola Wrote:  PAP should fix Employment Pass criteria, rather than to accuse us of racism.

Because they never fix these 3 things, they got fixed by covid instead

Smile

Laughing