SCMP :Temasek made big bets in China education before it collapsed.

(18-08-2021, 04:16 PM)OLT Wrote:  not sure where is the setting button for mobile phone , u try look for "user cp"  den look for "edit options"

den u see "default thread subscription mode"

and change there see can or not.

If in laptop that features have but cannot find in mobile phone leh...Admin please help..the email box might be full if post regularly..

u open a thread for this better . maybe bigbossx can help. he can help to contact admin.

u post under this thread admin will miss ur post.

(18-08-2021, 12:35 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Is there such a  thing that investments especially in stocks will guarantee a sure win?

There are bound to be winners and losers.

Think most if not all of us have experienced it.

Some people here are just amateurs, not experts like those Analyst in Temasek.

But already China hinted their views on this. From curbing salaries of actors, calling up nd freezing IPO of Jack Ma last November. . .  BUT I suppose Temasek still bang their head into the wall.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

Lose money is nothing to be ashamed of, but nothing letting the people know that you lose money is..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Temasek performance is below index funds which require near zero effort to invest in. Global index fund returjln 10% and Temasek 7%.

Means all the overpaid executives produce zero or negative value....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Likely, they see those private educational companies making money there for quite a number of years, they see also jump in lor. Monkey see, monkey do.

(18-08-2021, 01:55 PM)A2Z Wrote:  their investment in alibaba showed them it can be done again. unfortunately the big mouth jack ma spoilt the whole show. china is doing what trump wants:- to decouple. so what we are seeing now is ongoing to detach everything away from listing in usa and bring back to hk and clamp down whatever sillycon valley gig economy, etc.

? china stopping rich getting all the help to stay rich. The rich will certainly willing to pay more to get the best teachers.  
China has allow the system to self regulate. 

Else left it continue, will be like US or India , the rich stay rich, very rare the lower class can go up.

So many education companies go India good. Sure success....  Ensure class divide forever. .... revolution occurs.
If you sure win, you will work hard?

(18-08-2021, 10:05 PM)cf9 Wrote:  ? china stopping rich getting all the help to stay rich. The rich will certainly willing to pay more to get the best teachers.  
China has allow the system to self regulate. 

Else left it continue, will be like US or India , the rich stay rich, very rare the lower class can go up.

So many education companies go India good. Sure success....  Ensure class divide forever. .... revolution occurs.
If you sure win, you will work hard?

You mean equal level playing field, all kids start at the same starting line.

(18-08-2021, 03:54 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  How to stop having a email send to ownself while we post on mobile phone....the feature is in laptop but not in mobile phone when send reply message ?...email will be fooded if keep on reply post...

You try this...
Go to User CP control.
Select Edit options.
Remove Receive emails from Adminstrators.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"