My friends and I used to play half court basketball

Because often we wanted to play but could not get enough people so we played half court  It was 3 times a week meet to play after that TCSS . But as friendship grew we became  5 good friends who hang out alot going east coast for cycling and fishing. Great teenage days.

One day we entered this competition organised by Nike - Just Do it. Half court basket ball is 4 people so we formed a team of 4 people plus one reserve. We actually only have 2 people who were very good the captain and one player. However because we played as a team we did quite well. Through team work we could go far despite not being the best individually.

We made through to be the top 2 in our constituency and got into the national.competition. unfortunately at the national level we couldn't win because they other teams were just too strong. We were trashed ..to put it kindly.

The next year the captain wanted to drop 2 members of the team to have a better chance of winning by bringing outside talent. I was against the idea because for me the most important thing was friends, fun and camaraderie. We started playing as a team was mainly because we enjoyed each others company and we bonded well. It was never about competing and winning .

Needless to say I quit. Team captain found some "top talents" from outside our neighborhood. They entered the competition but couldn't win anyway because the teamwork was just not there. To think that you can gain and win by dropping your loyal friends and just getting outside talent ...in the end the important things are all lost.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

not a simple thread.

import foreign talents but break the unity of the people.
success over relationship.

you are a genius.

It's time you walk the talk and live up to your own rhetoric. The problem is not with the FTs but with your own expectation. Don't expect the govt to give up the forest for a seedling like you.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

I only like to see half balls
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

(24-12-2022, 02:37 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  It's time you walk the talk and live up to your own rhetoric. The problem is not with the FTs but with your own expectation. Don't expect the govt to give up the forest for a seedling like you.

My expectations are low so there is no problem none at all

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(24-12-2022, 02:38 PM)dynamite Wrote:  I only like to see half balls

I like to see half balls and hairless meow meows Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

we also need to import more opposition talents into the parliament to counteract PAP foreign talent policy.

(24-12-2022, 03:46 PM)forum456 Wrote:  we also need to import more opposition talents into the parliament to counteract PAP foreign talent policy.

You can't expect more opposition in parliament by voting for the PAP...that is not logical.

(25-12-2022, 09:43 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You can't expect more opposition in parliament by voting for the PAP...that is not logical.

the voting trend is to see more opposition talents in parliament.

PAP is ignoring 3 major problems facing voters.
1) PMETs/unemployed - voters above 40
2) competition by foreigners - voters above 21
3) hardcore pioneer voters are dying - voters above 60

(24-12-2022, 02:37 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  It's time you walk the talk and live up to your own rhetoric. The problem is not with the FTs but with your own expectation. Don't expect the govt to give up the forest for a seedling like you.

sgbuffet doing very well. Big Grin

(25-12-2022, 12:11 PM)Blin Wrote:  sgbuffet doing very well. Big Grin

I am doing okay.
"Very well" would be stretching it a bit too much