SPACS coming to rescue SGX?

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/co...l-in-years

SPACS : A special purpose acquisition company, also known as a "blank check company", is a shell corporation listed on a stock exchange with the purpose of acquiring a private company, thus making it public without going through the traditional initial public offering process.

[Image: Screenshot-20210906-150436.jpg]

https://www.pwc.com/sg/en/financial-serv...rtups.html

[Image: Screenshot-20210906-145817.jpg]

Trader punt paradise

Smile

SPACS is a con job. Listed to acquire companies who unable to IPO because they are not profitable.

Very much like many of our parachute mini-stirs and MPs via GRC under a skirt of a heavy weight.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(06-09-2021, 03:22 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  SPACS is a con job. Listed to acquire companies who unable to IPO because they are not profitable.

Very much like many of our parachute mini-stirs and MPs via GRC under a skirt of a heavy weight.

Laughing
Clapping
Rotfl
No difference. SGX or SGXREGCO will query till the cows come home!
crying

(06-09-2021, 03:22 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  SPACS is a con job. Listed to acquire companies who unable to IPO because they are not profitable.

Is like RTO.. knn

Smile

(06-09-2021, 03:44 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Is like RTO.. knn

Clapping

Any products that SGX launch, better be careful and play safe.

After CLOB comes S chips
After S-Chips comes oil exploration stock.
After oil exploration stock now SPACs.

SPACs or blank cheque companies is a way to bypass listing rules and bring in scams.

SGX After all the mess from s chips hyflux Noble Group Best World, Eagle Trust....now wants to allow SPACs.
My advice is don't touch...tell others don't touch....and keep reminding everyone Don't Touch! Will end up like s chips.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

compared to hkex. sgx has a lot to do.
like information disclosure not fast enough. hkex can see which broking firm holding position after t+2. sgx sai also no have.
still want to force people to use google apps to verify.
need a hard bang to wake up.

(06-09-2021, 05:08 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  After CLOB comes S chips
After S-Chips comes oil exploration stock.
After oil exploration stock now SPACs.

SPACs or blank cheque companies is a way to bypass listing rules and bring in scams.

SGX After all the mess from s chips hyflux Noble Group Best World, Eagle Trust....now wants to allow SPACs.
My advice is don't touch...tell others don't touch....and keep reminding everyone Don't Touch! Will end up like s chips.
There are even more besides what you mentioned. Adding to yours, semi-chartered, tiger air, nol, citispring, etc., Having said this, all also got tamasick-linked.

(06-09-2021, 03:26 PM)SGSeniorCitizen1952 Wrote:  Laughing
Clapping
Rotfl
No difference. SGX or SGXREGCO will query till the cows come home!
crying
Honestly who dare to buy Grab shares if they go via SPACS ... from day one NEVER been profitable every year lose hundreds of millions

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

I dont like the idea of empty company buy another conpany to be listed.who set this rules regulation

Will not work.. If I can punt in SPACs in NYSE or even HKEX, why would I want to punt in SPACs in SGX..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

sgx needs to resorts to such rulings, degrade its standing now. without a proper procedure of ipo , a new startup is a risk to investor, sgx fail to safe guard at the last resort.

(06-09-2021, 10:45 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  sgx needs to resorts to such rulings, degrade its standing now. without a proper procedure of ipo , a new startup is a risk to investor, sgx fail to safe guard at the last resort.
SGX is in dire straits of churning revenues at the expense of the investors. But, if you stays always from such riisky products, you wil never get tricked or burned. One humble advice, don’t be greedy and you wil be safe.