ST Forum: Make Vaccination Compulsory

I don't think should be compulsory but via other measures, e.g. no subsidy for ICU if kena covid, no CHAS card, no GST voucher, no travel etc.

Quote:Forum: Time to rely on stronger measures rather than just persuasion
JUL 19, 2021, 2:00 AM SGT

I laud the valiant efforts of the People's Association volunteers and staff who spend their days making door-to-door visits across the island hearing out the concerns of seniors who are reluctant to get vaccinated (Going door to door, using personal touch to address concerns, July 12).

Despite their efforts and the public education campaigns fronted by government leaders, infectious disease experts and doctors, vaccination rates among seniors appear to have hit a plateau.

Experts have mused about thinking out of the box for more effective strategies to inoculate the unvaccinated (Step up efforts to jab seniors ahead of shift to living with Covid-19: Experts, July 12).

Singapore's approach thus far towards combating vaccine hesitancy has evidently focused on dishing out "carrots".

But has the time come to seriously consider brandishing the "stick"?

Singapore's vaccination drive is now no longer hindered by any vaccine supply issues.

Should the Government now seriously consider legislation to make vaccination compulsory for those able to receive it?

Vaccination is the key to resuming (as much of) the lives we once knew. But it is not done for one's own benefit alone. The benefits of vaccination to society outshine the benefits to individuals.

Vaccination is the social and moral responsibility of every able-bodied individual, because if everyone who can be vaccinated does so, then the herd immunity that results will protect those who are unable to be vaccinated, in particular the immunocompromised and young children.

Communication strategies such as persuasion, encouragement, cajoling and informing can only go so far to nudge people to get vaccinated voluntarily.

There is simply too much fake news, pseudoscience and "alternative views" circulating on social media to cloud the judgment of laypersons and to drown out the voices of those whose opinions really matter in a pandemic - the infectious disease experts.

Past a certain point, a "big stick" approach will be necessary to compel the small number of outliers to play ball along with the rest of society.

How long more can the rest of us tolerate the antisocial behaviour of the reluctant, the recalcitrant and the reckless, before they roll up their sleeves and become inoculated?

Benjamin Lim Jiing-Shi

Sg gov trust vaccine so much. What if vaccines betray the gov?

There's still a lot to be found out of the vaccines. Even mRNA inventor said that there's not enough evidence that it is safe for teenagers to take these vaccine.

With the onslaught of vax push 24/7 the undue pressure is there to b vaxed

[+] 1 user Likes Galilo_l's post

Any possibility of getting infection through on-line interactions. Confusedcratchhead

(20-07-2021, 12:03 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  With the onslaught of vax push 24/7 the undue pressure is there to b vaxed
Angry Angry Angry
[+] 1 user Likes babygirl's post

I don't think any gahmen dare to make a Emergency vaccine compulsory. It is suicidal for them & maybe even genocide for the people.

(20-07-2021, 12:03 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  With the onslaught of vax push 24/7 the undue pressure is there to b vaxed

You are right, the gahmen and social pressure are tremendous. Fear mongering, discrimination works to pressurise people to get poked.
Angry 

(20-07-2021, 12:10 PM)RichDad Wrote:  I don't think any gahmen dare to make a Emergency vaccine compulsory. It is suicidal for them & maybe even genocide for the people.
LIM PEH WILL VOTE OPPOSITION IF COMPULSORY
[+] 1 user Likes LJ_johnny's post

(20-07-2021, 12:14 PM)LJ_johnny Wrote:  
(20-07-2021, 12:10 PM)RichDad Wrote:  I don't think any gahmen dare to make a Emergency vaccine compulsory. It is suicidal for them & maybe even genocide for the people.
Lim peh will vote opposition if compulsory

You mean you voted pap previously? Welcome to oppies camp
[+] 2 users Like RichDad's post

My peer in JKT, his whole family kenna CoVid even his chain-smoking father. They had their first jab and they developed mild symptoms of loss of smell and fever. His father was a little more severe with shortness of breath. All stay at home to rest.

This shows jab works ....

This is not information from a friend's friend or relative's distance relative ..... but my peer in JKT where we spoke on a regular basis.

(20-07-2021, 01:13 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  My peer in JKT, his whole family kenna CoVid even his chain-smoking father. They had their first jab and they developed mild symptoms of loss of smell and fever. His father was a little more severe with shortness of breath. All stay at home to rest.

This is not information from a friend's friend or relative's distance relative ..... but my peer in JKT where we spoke on a regular basis.
Bro, we still don't know what is the long term harm done to your body through such toxin jabs. Only time will tell.

(20-07-2021, 01:27 PM)Spiderman Wrote:  
(20-07-2021, 01:13 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  My peer in JKT, his whole family kenna CoVid even his chain-smoking father. They had their first jab and they developed mild symptoms of loss of smell and fever. His father was a little more severe with shortness of breath. All stay at home to rest.

Bro, we still don't know what is the long term harm done to your body through such toxin jabs. Only time will tell.

Address the clear and present danger, not worry about the future potential danger.
What can kill you today, you don't care but worry about what may kill you tomorrow.
Amaze with some of their thought process.

(20-07-2021, 01:30 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  
(20-07-2021, 01:27 PM)Spiderman Wrote:  Bro, we still don't know what is the long term harm done to your body through such toxin jabs. Only time will tell.

Address the clear and present danger, not worry about the future potential danger.
What can kill you today, you don't care but worry about what may kill you tomorrow.
Bro, your jab only last 6 mths, how many jabs you think you can take?
[+] 1 user Likes Spiderman's post

(20-07-2021, 11:09 AM)starbugs Wrote:  I don't think should be compulsory but via other measures, e.g. no subsidy for ICU if kena covid, no CHAS card, no GST voucher, no travel etc.

Quote:Forum: Time to rely on stronger measures rather than just persuasion
JUL 19, 2021, 2:00 AM SGT

I laud the valiant efforts of the People's Association volunteers and staff who spend their days making door-to-door visits across the island hearing out the concerns of seniors who are reluctant to get vaccinated (Going door to door, using personal touch to address concerns, July 12).

Despite their efforts and the public education campaigns fronted by government leaders, infectious disease experts and doctors, vaccination rates among seniors appear to have hit a plateau.

Experts have mused about thinking out of the box for more effective strategies to inoculate the unvaccinated (Step up efforts to jab seniors ahead of shift to living with Covid-19: Experts, July 12).

Singapore's approach thus far towards combating vaccine hesitancy has evidently focused on dishing out "carrots".

But has the time come to seriously consider brandishing the "stick"?

Singapore's vaccination drive is now no longer hindered by any vaccine supply issues.

Should the Government now seriously consider legislation to make vaccination compulsory for those able to receive it?

Vaccination is the key to resuming (as much of) the lives we once knew. But it is not done for one's own benefit alone. The benefits of vaccination to society outshine the benefits to individuals.

Vaccination is the social and moral responsibility of every able-bodied individual, because if everyone who can be vaccinated does so, then the herd immunity that results will protect those who are unable to be vaccinated, in particular the immunocompromised and young children.

Communication strategies such as persuasion, encouragement, cajoling and informing can only go so far to nudge people to get vaccinated voluntarily.

There is simply too much fake news, pseudoscience and "alternative views" circulating on social media to cloud the judgment of laypersons and to drown out the voices of those whose opinions really matter in a pandemic - the infectious disease experts.

Past a certain point, a "big stick" approach will be necessary to compel the small number of outliers to play ball along with the rest of society.

How long more can the rest of us tolerate the antisocial behaviour of the reluctant, the recalcitrant and the reckless, before they roll up their sleeves and become inoculated?

Benjamin Lim Jiing-Shi

Definitely won't black and white say mandatory.. else they will be liable for any issue after the vaccine.. most likely will squeeze you left right up down until you have no choice but to jab willingly

(20-07-2021, 01:34 PM)Spiderman Wrote:  
(20-07-2021, 01:30 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Address the clear and present danger, not worry about the future potential danger.
Bro, your jab only last 6 mths, how many jabs you think you can take?
Again no basis that only last 6mths, again information from social media. I only see what is happening in front of me not listen to hearsay. My friend kenna infected but luckily he had 1 jab thus only mild symptoms. This show it prevent serious illness

Again worry about the possible future problem instead of taking care of what is staring at you now.
India variant in SG spiked, school children also infected, more unlinked cases TODAY but you worry what will happen in 6mths. 

If really need to jab take to keep me safe TODAY... I will do it

(20-07-2021, 01:37 PM)happyharvest Wrote:  Definitely won't black and white say mandatory.. else they will be liable for any issue after the vaccine.. most likely will squeeze you left right up down until you have no choice but to jab willingly
Angry Angry Angry

(20-07-2021, 01:40 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  
(20-07-2021, 01:34 PM)Spiderman Wrote:  Bro, your jab only last 6 mths, how many jabs you think you can take?
Again no basis that only last 6mths, again information from social media. I only see what is happening in front of me not listen to hearsay. My friend kenna infected but luckily he had 1 jab thus only mild symptoms. This show it prevent serious illness

Again worry about the possible future problem instead of taking care of what is staring at you now.
India variant in SG spiked, school children also infected, more unlinked cases TODAY but you worry what will happen in 6mths. 

there is also no basis it will last a life time or many years after jab.. so far there is no consensus on how frequent to get the jab yet.. 
1 jab mild symptoms report. 2 jab mild symptoms report. no jab mild symptom never report.. can see all the bias in MSM
Thumbs Up 

Make it mandatory only if it's good for babies...

(20-07-2021, 12:14 PM)LJ_johnny Wrote:  
LIM PEH WILL VOTE OPPOSITION IF COMPULSORY

If Vaccination is made mandatory and death occurred after been force to get the jab, family members will sue the relevant authorities.  Anyone who is being forced to go for vaccination should prepare a letter to be handled to their family members to be released to the press and to engaged a lawyer to take up the case to court should he suddenly ended up with a stroke, coma or death after the jab.

(20-07-2021, 01:37 PM)happyharvest Wrote:  
(20-07-2021, 11:09 AM)starbugs Wrote:  I don't think should be compulsory but via other measures, e.g. no subsidy for ICU if kena covid, no CHAS card, no GST voucher, no travel etc.

Definitely won't black and white say mandatory.. else they will be liable for any issue after the vaccine.. most likely will squeeze you left right up down until you have no choice but to jab willingly

If vaccination is made mandatory and death occurred after been force to get the jab, family members will sue the relevant authorities.  Anyone who is being forced to go for vaccination should prepare a letter to be handled to their family members to be released to the press and to engaged a lawyer to take up the case to court should he suddenly ended up with a stroke, coma or death after the jab.

So many reports of severe side effects related to the heart is RED FLAG. Making Vaccination Mandatory is Murder waiting to happen.
[+] 1 user Likes Goldmine's post

(20-07-2021, 03:11 PM)happyharvest Wrote:  
(20-07-2021, 01:40 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Again no basis that only last 6mths, again information from social media. I only see what is happening in front of me not listen to hearsay. My friend kenna infected but luckily he had 1 jab thus only mild symptoms. This show it prevent serious illness

there is also no basis it will last a life time or many years after jab.. so far there is no consensus on how frequent to get the jab yet.. 
1 jab mild symptoms report. 2 jab mild symptoms report. no jab mild symptom never report.. can see all the bias in MSM

What is the clear and present danger .... address it first. People sometimes like to think too far ahead instead of clearing the hurdle in front.

(20-07-2021, 03:11 PM)happyharvest Wrote:  
(20-07-2021, 01:40 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Again no basis that only last 6mths, again information from social media. I only see what is happening in front of me not listen to hearsay. My friend kenna infected but luckily he had 1 jab thus only mild symptoms. This show it prevent serious illness

I no jab. Totally no symptom. Perfectly ok. Nothing to report. Shy
[+] 1 user Likes Goldmine's post

(20-07-2021, 01:30 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  
(20-07-2021, 01:27 PM)Spiderman Wrote:  Bro, we still don't know what is the long term harm done to your body through such toxin jabs. Only time will tell.

Look carefully at the statistics. Number of deaths and number of people recovered out of the total number infected. It's similar to flu. Definitely not like Ebola.
[+] 3 users Like winbig's post
Thumbs Up 

(20-07-2021, 03:55 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  
(20-07-2021, 01:37 PM)happyharvest Wrote:  Definitely won't black and white say mandatory.. else they will be liable for any issue after the vaccine.. most likely will squeeze you left right up down until you have no choice but to jab willingly

If vaccination is made mandatory and death occurred after been force to get the jab, family members will sue the relevant authorities.  Anyone who is being forced to go for vaccination should prepare a letter to be handled to their family members to be released to the press and to engaged a lawyer to take up the case to court should he suddenly ended up with a stroke, coma or death after the jab.

So many reports of severe side effects related to the heart is RED FLAG. Making Vaccination Mandatory is Murder waiting to happen.
Smile Smile Smile
[+] 1 user Likes babygirl's post

There is indemnity clause hor... not pharma daiji... so far only read 451k in total have been disbursed for severe side effects  Sad

(20-07-2021, 05:48 PM)winbig Wrote:  
(20-07-2021, 01:30 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Address the clear and present danger, not worry about the future potential danger.

Look carefully at the statistics. Number of deaths and number of people recovered out of the total number infected. It's similar to flu. Definitely not like Ebola.

Yeah and the governments across the world lockdown for fun.

(20-07-2021, 01:37 PM)happyharvest Wrote:  

As I predicted sometime back April, those who have jabbed will feel smug and superior, start to be arrogant and contemptuously lecture and posture to those who have not jabbed.

It is still the choice of the person and the govt will be so silly to make it mandatory unless they want to compensate pain pain should anything untoward happen to the victim.  Or worst, add to the statistics of the dearly departed.

Don’t get me wrong.  I have also been jabbed twice since June due to constant nagging and for peace in the house Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like p1acebo's post

Actually I don't mind making it mandatory, because this will tell me that gov is confident on the safety and risk, and I got the right to sue the gov if suay suay something goes wrong, they cannot say I volunteered.

When the govt wants something done, it will get done. First education and persuasion, then if both don't work, coercion and fines.