STI Index fell 0.6% this year- what it tells you

If you bought at end of last year it was 3128 now 3105.it was positive until one week ago. The STI ETF paid 3 rounds of dividends since start of the year so the return is net positive 2%.

Also performing well is Indonesia Market which is still positive for the year. Other markets have plunged 20-35% in one of the worse 9 months in history of stock market.

It is easy to see why this is so.

[Image: HdzIKV2.jpg]

STI movement has little speculation hence the stocks are price without so much fat compared with US markets.
We are at the same level as before pandemic.

Dow was like a fattened chicken to the slaughter but look carefully.....

The chicken has lost all its fats....it has gone below the pre pandemic level. This tells us all the excess valuation is taken out of the Dow already.

As it goes lower it is beginning to discount a recession which may or may not come. If there is a recession Dow can go below 25000. However long term investors should start drip feeding into the US market but still avoid the tech stocks as these may have some room down.  Because at this levels the jndustrial stocks will yield historic average returns of 7%. A recession may or may not come so you may want to hedge thus by dollar cost averaging. 

Why not wait for market to go lower? Because the market js cheap enough already ..a recession my not come and you may be losing "time in the market". By the time the probability of recession us 60% and looks probable, the Fed will stop rate hikes and that will  cause markets to higher in anticipation of rate cuts.

Why not nasdaq? They are cheaper now but valuations remain elevated. ..there is additional risks of downside.

What is biggest risk? Biggest risk is something breaks and crisis like Lehman collapse happen. Jamie Dimon recently warned about this. The best hedge is to buy regularly if a crisis comes you be collecting at extreme low prices.

[Image: Cgvs5Xl.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

US indices.
Without a recession...the Dow forward PE is 15.

[Image: 0SSqIgY.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

[Image: tUwLacD.jpg]

Dow bubble.....gone.

[Image: tUwLacD.jpg]

Is the meow meow smelly? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

No snake no thief only pick up