Samsung Heirs Borrow Trillions More to Pay Inheritance Tax

The widow and two daughters of Samsung chairman Lee Kun-hee have borrowed more than W2 trillion to pay W12 trillion in inheritance tax on their vast fortune (US$1=W1,304).

New Samsung chief Lee Jae-yong, who has to pay around W500 billion in inheritance tax a year, is coming up with the money from loans and dividends. The family are paying their inheritance tax over a period of five years. 

They have already paid around W6 trillion since Lee senior died in 2020 and must pay another W6 trillion.

The three women even sold off some of their stocks. Hong sold 20 million shares in Samsung Electronics, while Lee Boo-jin sold 1.5 million shares in Samsung SDS and Lee Seo-hyun all 3 million shares she owned in Samsung SDS and 3.5 million shares in Samsung Life Insurance.

https://english.chosun.com/site/data/htm...01369.html

CUt tie and Shift HQ to Singapore better.

Respected Samsung founder who had done his part paying off inheritance tax. The tax he paid, broke record. Big Grin

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Motorola Edge is a really good alternative to Samsung.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.