Samsung TV infrared sensor spoil. What to do?

TV bought in 2019. Out of warranty.

(08-07-2023, 09:34 PM)IndianChief Wrote:  TV bought in 2019. Out of warranty.

search online to buy. Should be below S$10. I have bought a few before.
e.g. aliexpress, shopee, etc.

1. Replace batteries and try
2. Power off tv, wait awhile and try
3. If tv is smart shd hv wifi control. Download the samsung tv app and try

If the remote confirmed not working, get replacement from shopee or laz

(08-07-2023, 09:51 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  1. Replace batteries and try
2. Power off tv, wait awhile and try
3. If tv is smart shd hv wifi control. Download the samsung tv app and try

If the remote confirmed not working, get replacement from shopee or laz

its not remote issue. Its the sensor on the TV. I'm using the samsung tv app now but still prefer remote

(08-07-2023, 09:49 PM)maxchong2898 Wrote:  search online to buy. Should be below S$10. I have bought a few before.
e.g. aliexpress, shopee, etc.

its not remote issue. its the sensor within the TV

For Aircon, I spray 1/4 of the contact cleaner on the unit and it works. For TV, don't know.

(08-07-2023, 09:34 PM)IndianChief Wrote:  TV bought in 2019. Out of warranty.

Throw away the TV and buy a new one.

SUddenly so many people tv faulty

just now say one SG TALKER claim his tv faulty bought a new one

mine also suddenly today the tv image go off one sec than back later off one sec and back intermittence like that.
check the cable etc swap still the same.....

That's why dun buy tv which are too expensive. Get ready to throw away if spoil after warranty

(08-07-2023, 11:15 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  That's why dun buy tv which are too expensive. Get ready to throw away if spoil after warranty

that is true, my panasoinc tv is cheap used for 10+ years just today just now suddenly don't know why image intermittence one sec blank than back again , later blank again. I checked the HDMI cable etc swap the HDMI port also same.

kinda weird, whereby yesterday still ok , I just as usual turn off the tv for the day after watching never do any thing on tv.

Pana is a gd brand, but over 10+ yrs it's about time to replace already

(08-07-2023, 11:31 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Pana is a gd brand, but over 10+ yrs it's about time to replace already

I want to buy back the same brand also just a simple 43 inch no need what Smart tv function/internet connection.

Just build in Digital turner will do but seem hard to find, go Courts online store never see any panasonic brand which this I actually get from Courts.

go the official site in SG all above 43 inch one and all got smart tv function.

(08-07-2023, 11:33 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I want to buy back the same brand also just a simple 43 inch no need what Smart tv function/internet connection.

Just build in Digital turner will do but seem hard to find, go Courts online store never see any panasonic brand which this I actually get from Courts.

go the official site in SG all above 43 inch one and all got smart tv function.

Panasonic don't bring in tv to S'pore liao..................

so either Sony (the best and most expensive)..............or LG.................avoid Samsung..........

(09-07-2023, 12:07 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  Panasonic don't bring in tv to S'pore liao..................

so either Sony (the best and most expensive)..............or LG.................avoid Samsung..........

Why avoid Samsung le? Last time they had the Smart TV. 

It is nice to use for 2 years. The technology is new and the memory is enough for only 2 years. Used to watch cracked channels all over the world and always have to pay for reset. 

Then next, use the Logitech keyboard with the pad to surf the internet and cam. for video connections. Later, the memory is always not enough. After the trend is over, the TV is no longer interesting and it is also because of the crack-down on TV box.

(09-07-2023, 12:07 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  Panasonic don't bring in tv to S'pore liao..................

no wonder I search Courts online don't have but Panasonic Official website Singapore got tv but over 43 inch. I think you can buy directly but I don't need those fancy smart tv as sadly all shown on the site all got smart tv features which I don't use it.

Remote control very simple circuit board inside, open up, clean the contact, sometime battery leaking resulting in contact dirty.

my is Mi
i press the chiKong like u do to ur girlfriend
bottom middle for a few second
hold longer all controls visible
do what u want just hold longer

(08-07-2023, 11:19 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  that is true, my panasoinc tv is cheap used for 10+ years just today just now suddenly don't know why image intermittence one sec blank than back again , later blank again. I checked the HDMI cable etc swap the HDMI port also same.

kinda weird, whereby yesterday still ok , I just as usual turn off the tv for the day after watching never do any thing on tv.

seek help from ghostbuster.

(08-07-2023, 10:39 PM)IndianChief Wrote:  its not remote issue. its the sensor within the TV

You mean TV cannot turn ON?
For Samsung TV, there shd be a power button behind the TV. Normally at the edge of the TV.

Turn ON the TV, press that button as shown in below picture if you can find it behind the TV. May need to press and hold it for some time. 

If cannot find, check for any pinhole behind the TV and use a pin to reset it. If still cannot find, call Samsung hotline how to hard reset the Samsung TV.

[Image: IMG-8599.jpg]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(09-07-2023, 12:16 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  no wonder I search Courts online don't have but Panasonic Official website Singapore got tv but over 43 inch. I think you can buy directly but I don't need those fancy smart tv as sadly all shown on the site all got smart tv features which I don't use it.

tv prices went back up ..................i saw a 43'' Samsung on Qoo10 sold by Parisilk for $398 few months back on offer...............now selling for almost $500...........

went to ShopeeMall.............new LG 43'' model going for $499...............

bad news singlion Mi50" watch whole day
like dat has to buy from second hand shop
Mi beri good just go to the middle bottom with power supply ON
give the critoris a rub reset liao
hold all function available
from there u select for ex andriodTVbox
of cos singlion goes further uses the broadband fibre 4 ethernet ports as sw with etho number 1
going into Unbound meaning fly over the co-co-nest
open DNS 208.67.222.222, 208.67.222.222 no other required. dat 's it

u watch CNA+ CNN channelnews networks
they want u to believe there no other ways we can fight back salah
AI my HongkongFoot
beri bad people