Sats to buy world's largest air cargo handler WFS for $1.64 billion

Latest news athttps://sgtalk.net/Thread-Sats-said-to-b...#pid363980

Sats said to be in talks to buy Worldwide Flight Services for S$4.2 billion

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/co...42-billion

Bad bad move.
It does not even synergise with jts business.
It will drain the cashflow.

Many invested for solid cashflow and dividends and organic growth. ..

They don't want the CEO to play the role o chief acquistor to buy this and that

Now it has to servhc the debt of the company it is buying ...shareholders can say bye bye to the solid dividEnds. It is buying a negative cashflow company 
of the same size as itself. 

I was waiting for a good price to buy SATS now I can strike it off my list.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

The compaany to be acquired has been living on debt with $1.5B due this yr. It is paying 6-8% yield on its debts says alot about the financial state of the company.

I am rather shocked that they would even consider this....it is just so bad.
[Image: Nvwn8zO.png]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

The market is not receiving this half-baked news well despite the company swiftly refuting the $3billion buy price. This ambitious acquisition nets a whopping 161 airports in 20 countries at one go. It is a BIG trawler-size catch. If this goes through, WFS will certainly undergo a management-level shakeup to cut the fats and slash redundancies and bad practices that led to debt pile-up.

(23-09-2022, 08:37 AM)icarus Wrote:  The market is not receiving this half-baked news well despite the company swiftly refuting the $3billion buy price. This ambitious acquisition nets a whopping 161 airports in 20 countries at one go. It is a BIG trawler-size catch. If this goes through, WFS will certainly undergo a management-level shakeup to cut the fats and slash redundancies and bad practices that led to debt pile-up.

Not so easy. They are dealing with unions and complex regulation,  I believe many of the contracts for baggage handling is given by govt agencies with certain worker conditions in these countries. There is no competitive advantage WFS has. That is why it accumulated so much debt due to contracts with onerous hiring obligations.

Once SATS buys it, SATS will be a debt laden company. The only reason WFS is selling is it js becoming harder to refinance its debt pile which is growing.

This is all out foolish decision by SATS management to take short cuts for growth. The board should block it and sack the CEO.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(23-09-2022, 08:56 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Not so easy. They are dealing with unions and complex regulation,  I believe many of the contracts for baggage handling is given by govt agencies with certain worker conditions in these countries. There is no competitive advantage WFS has. That is why it accumulated so much debt due to contracts with onerous hiring obligations.

Once SATS buys it, SATS will be a debt laden company. The only reason WFS is selling is it js becoming harder to refinance its debt pile which is growing.

This is all out foolish decision by SATS management to take short cuts for growth. The board should block it and sack the CEO.

This wouldnt be the first time a Singapore glc buys into foreign unionised entities. The heydays of the all-powerful unions are gone. 

The ceo/president has to do more to calm investors

In 2018, Cerberus paid $1.2B euros for WFS.
After 2 of losses and mounting debt SATS wants to buy at higher price!

This is beyond stupid!

[Image: JWO7NJc.jpg]

(23-09-2022, 09:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  In 2018, Cerebrum paid $1.2B euros for WFS.
After 2 of losses and mounting debt SATS wants to buy at higher price!

This is beyond stupid!

[Image: JWO7NJc.jpg]

If you are not invested, relax. Wait for the right time. Or look elsewhere.

If WFS is a good conpany to buy, SATS won't have a chance. WFS has probably been offered to many potential buyers such as DHL and they all declined.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

(23-09-2022, 09:34 AM)starbugs Wrote:  If WFS is a good conpany to buy, SATS won't have a chance. WFS has probably been offered to many potential buyers such as DHL and they all declined.

DHL and fedex has many synergies with WFS yet they don't want.

SATS is to hard up to grow...this is an easy route but full of traps

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(23-09-2022, 09:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  DHL and fedex has many synergies with WFS yet they don't want.

SATS is to hard up to grow...this is an easy route but full of traps

PAP is Forever Desperado

like they sign CECA when no other 200 countries want

we suffer but PAP happy

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

SATS, Singtel, Keppel . . . .

all must clean- up their backend/ Administration process

which is still like PAP system seen in HDB, TC . . . .messy and unproductive

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

the board n ceo make a stupid unwise  move 
put all eggs  in a basket
market rejected on sharp sell down

Up >3% in morning trade

Something is either brewing, or unwinding

Should have scooped up last week

(26-09-2022, 09:41 AM)icarus Wrote:  Up >3% in morning trade

Something is either brewing, or unwinding

Should have scooped up last week

either v gd results upcoming 
or deal aborted 
or reduce take over price
or could be any of the 2

Almost back to pre-news levels

Big short squeeze

Likely successful in present Regional business so wants to buy up more. I doubt they can handle such a huge company as we are not DBS paying employees that is 5 times more than other sectors.

Sats to buy world's largest air cargo handler WFS for $1.64 billion

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/co...llion-deal

i JUST saw from mainstream media claim it stocks plunge

(29-09-2022, 01:03 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  i JUST saw from mainstream media claim it stocks plunge

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/co...go-handler

(29-09-2022, 01:49 PM)Levin Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/business/co...go-handler

usually corporations leak out news claim wanna buy this and that invest mostly their stocks will spike

but for this case is drip down

(23-09-2022, 08:00 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Bad bad move.
It does not even synergise with jts business.
It will drain the cashflow.

Many invested for solid cashflow and dividends and organic growth. ..

They don't want the CEO to play the role o chief acquistor to buy this and that

Now it has to servhc the debt of the company it is buying ...shareholders can say bye bye to the solid dividEnds. It is buying a negative cashflow company 
of the same size as itself. 

I was waiting for a good price to buy SATS now I can strike it off my list.

Plunge!

[Image: fvL0BJh.jpg]

WTF ... cannot escape this even

one shit after another

may drop to covid 19 low 2.50
do not catch a falling knife now.

is a stupid move to buy now on expected recession n higher interest rates