Scammers are using S'pore numbers to target their victims.

[Ad] 🚩Scammers are using S'pore numbers to target their victims.

In 1 case, a S’pore man lost S$2.9 million after getting a local call from a "local bank".

➡️ https://bit.ly/3JJ7Ha4

only kumgong and greedy ppl will tio scam.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

good....

more and more social issues

thanks to pap for these issues

hopefully more and more people get scammed
[+] 1 user Likes KILLjoy's post

I kena targeted.

I think its becaue I put my phone number at forum to sell my old bike.

After that my phone number known

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

There's no cure for stupidity.

I am stunned.
Anyone who talks about your money by phone is a no no no. 
Go to the bank if in doubt.

They are using old tricks to scam people
Most should be aware now
If ask to transfer tell them no money left only few cents u want?

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

(04-05-2024, 02:36 AM)KILLjoy Wrote:  good....

more and more social issues

thanks to pap for these issues

hopefully more and more people get scammed
Pappies sitting idly pretending nothing happened. MAS is long overdue for not punishing local banks allowing such scams to break through the firewall barrier.

(04-05-2024, 10:25 AM)Migrant Wrote:  I am stunned.  Anyone who talks about your money by phone is a no no no. Go to the bank if in doubt.

I recently received a phone call from a woman claiming to be from DBS. She wanted to discuss some investment plans with me. I told her that I prefer to meet in person at the nearest DBS branch from my office, but she insisted that it could be done over the phone so as not to inconvenience me. I then mentioned that I have a DBS relationship manager, and that she is not that person. The scammer hung up straightaway. 
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(04-05-2024, 10:26 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  They are using old tricks to scam people. Most should be aware now. If ask to transfer tell them no money left only few cents u want?

S'poreans are easily scammed because most of them are living from pay cheque to pay cheque. They are constantly on the lookout for ways to earn more side income, and are open to proposals from "investment schemes".

(04-05-2024, 10:52 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  S'poreans are easily scammed because most of them are living from pay cheque to pay cheque. They are constantly on the lookout of ways to earn more side income, and are open to proposals from "investment schemes".
Scammers target victims with fear that they did illegal 
Sidelines 
Probably scammers knew their bank ac is rich 
Could be insider we don’t know

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

whole world kena con the most money is singapore
with this statistics
it would be 'logical' for scammers to target singaporeans
based on the top 3 traits of singaporeans
1. naive
2. stupid
3. greedy

(04-05-2024, 10:52 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  S'poreans are easily scammed because most of them are living from pay cheque to pay cheque. They are constantly on the lookout for ways to earn more side income, and are open to proposals from "investment schemes".
FB derived the highest scams and it shd be banned just like what China did.

PayNow is convenient but it also paves free access to transfer money easily. Please remove your PayNow app.

(04-05-2024, 07:42 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  PayNow is convenient but it also paves free access to transfer money easily. Please remove your PayNow app.

But CPF board only accept my contribution using PayNow transfer. They refuse to accept any other form of payment. Complained to them and they gave me a computerized  standard reply that they would not reply to my complain.

Scammers know now people see +65 display people will not pick up the call. Not surprising they using local numbers. Again surely some mobile shop etc selling pre pay sim cards to them or the Scammers knows where to get large supply.

(04-05-2024, 07:42 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  PayNow is convenient but it also paves free access to transfer money easily. Please remove your PayNow app.
Paynow is never safe at all. Wonder why there are still people so naive to use it. PayLah is very safe and user wil only lost what is that wallet if scammed.

(04-05-2024, 10:36 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  Pappies sitting idly pretending nothing happened. MAS is long overdue for not punishing local banks allowing such scams to break through the firewall barrier.

yeah

and so....

election period
will come along a self-serving low eq one claiming she had saved billions from being scammed and its her responsibility for protecting residents money and she will continue to do so and stupid ones will believe

do have more faith in the one running ministry of communications and information