See alot of young kids learning Code

I don't want to sound negative but it's a bit too late/ reactive. By the time they grow up, it's will be very difficult to be outstanding with coding. I don't understand why the education system/ parents are so reactive, they see people succeed in doing certain things then they follow. It's already too late. We should be proactive instead. We should allow kids to explore and do different things so they can slowly develop an interest in them and potentially do well in them.

Making kids go coding courses at a young age is no different from forcing kids to go tuition/ focusing on maths and science. This is why will lose out to India, a few decades ago they already focus on tech and it's affordable for them to learn it.
[+] 1 user Likes pinkypanther's post

(01-04-2022, 01:42 PM)pinkypanther Wrote:  I don't want to sound negative but it's a bit too late/ reactive. By the time they grow up, it's will be very difficult to be outstanding with coding. I don't understand why the education system/ parents are so reactive, they see people succeed in doing certain things then they follow. It's already too late. We should be proactive instead. We should allow kids to explore and do different things so they can slowly develop an interest in them and potentially do well in them.

Making kids go coding courses at a young age is no different from forcing kids to go tuition/ focusing on maths and science. This is why will lose out to India, a few decades ago they already focus on tech and it's affordable for them to learn it.
Thumbsup

It' very easy on the part of the govt. They just need to find out the latest buzzword the industry is touting and they will go on to pour money into it. If don't succeed they'll just claim that the trend is going down and there's nothing much they can do.

And why's that? They lack people (at least the top people) with industry experience in the civil service. So how can they make good decisions? They'll just listen to the party who can make the best pitch. In other words, many cecas will win over sinkies because they're more eloquent and willing to speak up. The govt will then put the cecas in charge of the projects, giving them high pay.

(01-04-2022, 01:42 PM)pinkypanther Wrote:  I don't want to sound negative but it's a bit too late/ reactive. By the time they grow up, it's will be very difficult to be outstanding with coding. I don't understand why the education system/ parents are so reactive, they see people succeed in doing certain things then they follow. It's already too late. We should be proactive instead. We should allow kids to explore and do different things so they can slowly develop an interest in them and potentially do well in them.

I don't question why. I just think how do i benefit from that.

[Image: Screenshot-20220401-174157-Chrome.jpg]

for some young kids, they may find the lego mindstorm interesting. and from there, parents can determine if coding is something suitable for them to pursue later.