Seem like Money laundering in SG is a " good ' deal compare with all crimes....

KNS those 10 suspect involve the Biggest money laundering of 3 billions ++ Now today the 4th one also just sentence to 14 months

the previous ones are sentence to 13 to 15 months seem like the rest all will be the same ...

By this year all can happy come out from Jail become rich again ?? In another Countries ?? even they ban coming back in SG.

Whereas I see those crime like sumggling cirgarettes , corruption eat company funds , etc all sentence to years in jail.

One more thing, I remember they hire the BEST top lawyers in SG as their defence lawyer perhaps this is why their sentence become so light?

(29-04-2024, 08:34 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  One more thing, I remember they hire the BEST top lawyers in SG as their defence lawyer perhaps this is why their sentence become so light?

Could it be that the SG govt is showing some form of gratitude to the money launderers for contributing to the public coffers with the confiscation of their billions in ill-gotten gains?

(29-04-2024, 08:46 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Could it be that the SG govt is showing some form of gratitude to the money launderers for contributing to the public coffers with the confiscation of their billions in ill-gotten gains?

So far NO body knows how Govt going to deal with these money.

(29-04-2024, 08:48 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  So far NO body knows how Govt going to deal with these money.

Will a pay hike for all Ministers be too obvious?

(29-04-2024, 08:55 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Will a pay hike for all Ministers be too obvious?

Their wages quite long ever increase this Jiak Liao bee TCH last time claim wanna increase minister pay but I guess due suddenly got Covi they hold

the real singapore
[+] 1 user Likes KILLjoy's post

I realised that Foreigners often get away with lighter sentence. Not sure if my comment is confounded.

(30-04-2024, 10:54 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  I realised that Foreigners often get away with lighter sentence. Not sure if my comment is confounded.

Heard got one going to release soon as he so call got cancer and jail condition can worsten his health???

I also feel the penalties are too lenient!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

$ laundering is one of the hardest white collar crime to detect and track. So tough to crack that MAS and SPF had to 400 of their officers and other resources from various financial institutions to work on the case and collect sufficient evidence to proceed with charges and court case over 3 years period...

On the Bright side of this, this shows how much $$$, legal or otherwise, is willing to be in SG.... Big Grin 

[Image: RTX3HBDF.jpg.webp]

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013